Tyler, The Creator - IGOR (Discussion Thread)

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
I think it's fitting that Kanye appears on this album because I think this album in a lot of ways is Tyler's MBDTF.

This is the comparison I keep seeing which would explain why I don't like it.

massive pharell swagger jack

he filters and syncs his vocals to sound EXACTLY like Pharrell SMH

Apparently he's a HUGE NERD fan.

Lil Bape the PostGod

Can’t talk to broke boys
Daps
Reppin
Sound sound sound
massive pharell swagger jack

he filters and syncs his vocals to sound EXACTLY like Pharrell SMH

He’s a self admitted Pharrell Stan...he can legit probably sing/rap nerd and Pharrell’s discography without hesitation

And pharrel has definitely co signed and helped build him along the way

Last edited:

Doin2Much Williams

Grace Under Fiyah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Insignificant posting from an insignificant poster
I think it's fitting that Kanye appears on this album because I think this album in a lot of ways is Tyler's MBDTF.

He orchestrates the entire thing, but he doesn't let any one person or moment dominate the album. Everything kind of jumps in and jumps out like a broadway musical.

Best urban album I've heard in a fukkin long time.

Perhaps since MBDTF.

Shiit's been getting more rotation than my microwave plate.

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Great production wise but he is not a vocalist. I'm hearing a lot of Johnny Rain in this though

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He’s a self admitted Pharrell Stan...he can legit probably sing/rap nerd and Pharrell’s discography without hesitation

And pharrel has definitely co signed and helped build him along the way

That doesn’t make it ok. Especially when he can’t quite sing like Pharrell. Pharrell barley pulled it off himself

Edub

Veteran
Daps
tyler-the-creator-new-album-igor.jpg

Somebody need to give this man a tv show ASAP :wow:

Lil Bape the PostGod

Can’t talk to broke boys
Daps
Reppin
Sound sound sound
That doesn’t make it ok. Especially when he can’t quite sing like Pharrell. Pharrell barley pulled it off himself

It doesn’t make it ok to follow a formula that’s gonna get him his 2nd straight critically acclaimed album?

He found a lane and has run through that shyt

I’m sure he’s gonna perform this shyt creatively too ..vocally he doesn’t have to be on some Whitney Houston shyt for the songs he creates

Last edited:

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It doesn’t make it ok to follow a formula that’s gonna get him his 2nd straight critically acclaimed album?

He found a lane and has run through that shyt

I’m sure he’s gonna perform this shyt creatively too ..vocally he doesn’t have to be on some Whitney Houston shyt for the songs he creates

Yea but just don’t call him original or a genius when he’s copying a formula in a blatant way.

Don’t get me wrong, I like the music but his younger fans think he’s creating a new sound

And he doesn’t gotta be Whitney but he should at least be better than me :hubie:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
The production on this is top shelf. Like sonically this is A1.

I saw this thread and went back and listened to "Flower Boy". Solid project as well, production is amazing.

The lyrics on this though are a little :dame:. I mean Tyler is paying homage to Grace Jones with the album cover. So that should clear up the rumors pretty quick.
Flower Boy is the fukkin shyt. Will age gracefully. All rainbows and sunshine on the outside but when you listen to them lyrics.....they'll hit a nikka like :mjcry:

That was the album Tyler truly blossomed.