Tyler, The Creator - IGOR (Discussion Thread)

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
glad im not the only one that feels that way about his beats. man theyre so horrible i just dont get it. its all off melody. the cords are there, but then all the other sounds dont bounce off them, music theory just goes right out the window.

:hhh:

The beats being "off" is what makes them good. Can't always be robotic and follow music theory. It's the same way drums can sound better when they're not quantized. Tyler might throw a synth in randomly but it sounds good to the ear.

ion see how nobody fukks with tyler...

Tyler should produce a whole frank ocean album

I need a Tyler x Cudi album:wow:

Frank's an amazing writer but his production never comes close to what Tyler can do.

Typical CAC and she’s trying to make some viral shyt even tho it’s clear she’s a stan. Sounds like She studied Wolf back to front before making this video, hoping the internet would go nuts for it.

I think it was just jokes. She has a Flower Boy poster so she's clearly a fan.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
glad im not the only one that feels that way about his beats. man theyre so horrible i just dont get it. its all off melody. the cords are there, but then all the other sounds dont bounce off them, music theory just goes right out the window.

with that being said, hes creative and i do like Odd future. Theyre from my city and I support them. but god damn them beats be off notes lol
He's jazz influenced so that makes sense, making off sounding shyt work is hard af

Him and earl do that with their verses too ala mf doom