Tyson Chandler & Eddy Curry: The Tale of 2 Former Prep Phenoms

Rufus Dufus

All Star
Daps
I remember Jay Williams saying in an interview that Curry tried to bet him some ridiculous amount of money he could beat him in a 3-point contest.:laugh:

bigmanharris

Coli Gangsta
Daps
Reppin
GA
I remember watchin Curry beast in high school cuz him and a bunch of other high school nikkas had this tv show that came on every week. I was :krs: when we snatched them both up thinking we had the new Duncan and Robinson. :win: fukk them nikkas :pacspit:

Preps. That was my show. Curry was always soft tho. Those type dudes rarely put it together. With the skillset her had he should be in all time great discussions....but it takes more than skill, it takes work ethic, something he lacked. I liked Tyson Chandler, he was a freshman on Dominguez when Tayshaun Prince was as senior, but he was overrated in the sense that people were telling him he could be like KG. He was nowhere near as skilled. KG could handle the ball and shoot waaaaaayyyyy better. Plus he showed how stupid he was mentally at the time in the diary for Slam when he said some shyt like, "instead of blocking a shot once I try to block the same shot twice" WTF???? How dumb is that? How about catch the ball and outlet pass. I knew that project was doomed from the start because you can't throw young bigs in the fire like that. They need to be developed. Even thru all I felt Tyson could be a good 4 who rebounded and blocked shots. But if they had panned out Bulls never get Rose...........

bigmanharris

Coli Gangsta
Daps
Reppin
GA
Yeah, Preps, and I think the white guy was name Kyle Klinger, or Klingsbury, some shyt like that. Think he went to Illinois and was a scrub. Remember I would watch that shyt every week.

Kyle Kleckner from Downers Grove....he played football at U of I

Jason Straight and Najeeb Echols were god friends of Eddy Curry. Jay Straight went to Wyoming and had a great career. Echols went to Mizzou and hurt his knee. Ended up quitting bball.

Luther Head played in the Wendys Chicago vs New York all star game.

Levar Seals played at Providence St. Mel and went to DePaul. He ended up being infamous for nut punching Tony Bobbitt from Cincinatti.

Pierre Pierce was a pure scorer. His story has been covered in this post.

Will "The Thrill" Bynum went to Arizona then transferred to G-Tech where he played a HUGE role in them getting to the championship game.

Sean Dockery was cold and I knew he was gonna fluke once he signed with dook. Knee grows + dook does not often = success story on the court.