U.S. senator questions Sony’s monopolistic practices.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
1mmlQGv.png

I'm shocked.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
“Aside from turning this from a video game industry thing into an international trade and diplomatic relations thing, it’s wild seeing Cantwell casually put this stuff on record. Like, we all know that politicians can’t be experts on everything they’re ever talking about, that’s part of the job (and is why they have advisors, and is why there are lobbyists), but anyone with even a passing understanding of the video game market knows this is a truly bizarre thing to say.”

She’s referring to the Japanese market with her “98% of the high-end game market” statistic, one very carefully selected (by the USA’s own FTC last year) to exclude the PC, Nintendo and mobile games, and which in this case pits the supposedly monopolistic PlayStation against the underdog Xbox (which is true in Japan, a market Microsoft has been freely and fairly failing to crack for over 20 years). Which of course explains why the Japanese government has never given a fukk, since they would realise that the video game market is a larger and more complicated one than pitting two consoles against each other like it was still 1992.

On a global scale Sony doesn’t even have a 98% share of the God of War market, a series they own, since Steam is getting 30% of every sale on PC. Everyone from Epic to Microsoft (both American companies) hand out “exclusive deals and payments to game publishers” all the time. And if she wants to talk about monopolies, the latest Steam stats for the PC show that 96% of the platform’s install base is using Windows.”

-Kotaku

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Grand opening grand closing

These goofies act like campaign contributions aren’t public record :laff:
And you goofys act like you don’t see those are individuals donating to her.

@Fatboi1 stole that shyt from a resetera poster that got banned for posting it then dozens of other people got banned for repeating that dumb shyt.

Why ain’t he post the follow ups???

This is the sort of thing that people fall for a lot (including this entire thread lol) but in the US, you're required to list your employer for all political donations to candidates. Microsoft has 50K employees roughly in Washington, where Cantwell is a Senator. In fact, apparently Microsoft as a company only kicked in a couple grand to a PAC.

It's from individuals. Open secrets even says "The organizations themselves did not donate, rather the money came from the organizations' PACs, their individual members or employees or owners, and those individuals' immediate families."
14-A0-B2-FC-33-F0-489-E-A6-C3-01-C5022-F062-B.jpg

Bernie has received more money but has come out against Microsoft on multiple occasions.

Sony stans down real bad right now. :wow:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
800-D6-CBD-281-C-42-B9-A0-A8-C409-F5-C473-E0.jpg

Post lies and misinformation that got the person you stole it from banned brehs :mjlol:

Where’s our mods at:ban:
I literally googled that myself, didn't even go on Resetera.

Secondly, it's not a lie. Resetera probably just mad it's a Democrat being called out :mjlol:

Thirdly, saying it's from "Individuals" who work somewhere instead of the "organization" is a huge cop out. GTOFH outta here. Goofy ass "deboonked!" head asses.
"fact check!" head asses :mjlol:

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I literally googled that myself, didn't even go on Resetera.

Secondly, it's not a lie. Resetera probably just mad it's a Democrat being called out :mjlol:
You ain’t google shyt you lying ass mufukka. You posted the same pic and everything.

Literally went in a closed thread and stepped over the bodies of dozens of sony stans to bring that misleading content over here.

Shameful behavior. But i’d expect nothing less from you as those #shambles start to take over your brain :wow:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You ain’t google shyt you lying ass mufukka. You posted the same pic and everything.

Literally went in a closed thread and stepped over the bodies of dozens of sony stans to bring that misleading content over here.

Shameful behavior. But i’d expect nothing less from you as those #shambles start to take over your brain :wow:
The pic is literally on the website it's screenshotted from dumbass :pachaha:. Is the site some sort of secret? Wtf lol.

The fact that you're on Resetera bringing arguments from people who suit your bias is telling. Who's really looking goofy .:mjpls:

No original thought, just looking for whatever Xbot scraps you can find on any echo chamber and posting it here as if it's your own original thought.