UFC 221 [2/10] "UFC Is Going Down...Under" (Romero/Rockhold, Hunt/Blaydes)

Who Wins Saturday Night?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I'm glad Romero never fought Anderson. I don't think I would've stomached seeing Silva get mauled. Knew Yoel would touch that chin and shatter it.

Rumble needs to come in around 225-235 if he wants to compete at HW. Anything above that and he'll look like Rampage. I saw him in a pic where he was 250, he looked terrible.

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
He was wobbled by David Branch and KO'd by Bisping. His bad boxing defense and chin will cost him lots more big fights
The Bisping thing to me honestly was more of him being cocky and so is the Branch he has that ego about him that gets his caught in fights

OC's finest

All Star
Daps
The Bisping thing to me honestly was more of him being cocky and so is the Branch he has that ego about him that gets his caught in fights

his standup has glarring flaws

he leaves his head up completely straight up, and when he exits his head leaves on the exact same plane

hence why dudes time him, he has very minimal head movement, and keeps his head straight up

his gameplan going in seemed pretty solid, esp with the legkicks

im surprised he didnt try to grapple more. i know yoel is a silver medalist, but luke is a bigger guy with a great gastank. his game would do wonders if he jus clinched guys and held em on the fence and grinded em down, kinda like a stipe type

luke doesn't appear nothing more than a gatekeeper at this point

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
his standup has glarring flaws

he leaves his head up completely straight up, and when he exits his head leaves on the exact same plane

hence why dudes time him, he has very minimal head movement, and keeps his head straight up

his gameplan going in seemed pretty solid, esp with the legkicks

im surprised he didnt try to grapple more. i know yoel is a silver medalist, but luke is a bigger guy with a great gastank. his game would do wonders if he jus clinched guys and held em on the fence and grinded em down, kinda like a stipe type

luke doesn't appear nothing more than a gatekeeper at this point

Only thing I will say is he doesn’t fight like the bigger man. He should be exploiting that. As far as keeping his head straight and all that he does. Very little head movement... but so do a lot of fighters... idk maybe he needs to get in the groove of fighting more

Strapped

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
I'm glad Romero never fought Anderson. I don't think I would've stomached seeing Silva get mauled. Knew Yoel would touch that chin and shatter it.

Rumble needs to come in around 225-235 if he wants to compete at HW. Anything above that and he'll look like Rampage. I saw him in a pic where he was 250, he looked terrible.
Silva would wash him easily

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yoel probably beats any version of Silva. There's no way he wouldn't be dominated in grappling.

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Keep telling yourself this lie

Nice counter-argument.

Why do you doubt Yoel when Silva's wrestling deficiencies have been his downfall (almost lost to Sonnen, lost badly to Weidman)? Yoel can handle southpaw counter-strikers as evidenced by his demolition of Machida.

Strapped

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nice counter-argument.

Why do you doubt Yoel when Silva's wrestling deficiencies have been his downfall (almost lost to Sonnen, lost badly to Weidman)? Yoel can handle southpaw counter-strikers as evidenced by his demolition of Machida.
Damion & chael could not beat him in their prime , silva was excellent on the ground