UFC 275 On ESPN+ PPV [6/11 @ 10 ET] “Pride Goeth Before The Fall” (Teixeira/Procházka, Shevchenko/Santos)

Who Wins Saturday Night?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheMailMan

All Star
Daps
Lol not really
Simps stuff the ballot box just like they did for Rose on the last card
Pathetic
Simps stuffing Valentinas box ? Maybe Valeria laurado (sp?)
It would have been a draw if Glover lost the 5th. He would have won the middle card 48-47, lost the first card 48-47, and the 3rd card would have been 47-47. Split draw
He was winning the 5th tho

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
I'm surprised they all gave Glover the 2nd round

Jiri was dominating that round until the last 30 seconds of GnP by Glover.

We need a rematch tbh and make Jan vs Ankalev for no1 contender.

Never been a fan of Joanna but her retirement speech touched me, she made this division and its the best woman's one

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Santos got robbed btw
Judging is starting to go too far in the other direction where it's like grappling means absolutely nothing
People talking about damage, the only time Valentina landed anything significant was in round 4. Those slaps off her back were weak as shyt. If that scores more than someone attempting a RNC why does grappling even matter anymore. If it wasn't for a headbutt neither one of them would've come out with a mark on their face.

I wish Suarez didn't fukk her neck up. She would roll over that entire division including Valentina.

Daps
Reppin
T Dot
I know some commentators and analyst are saying it was the damage but this is when we need a judges panel to say how or why they scored this. If they cn intelligently say how or why then it's ok we cn live with it.

But if it's damage. Then wha shld fighters start scrachting and clawing and forget about grappling control and submissions.

Take a look back at Ronda rouseys streat as champ. All those fights she won via arm bar the appt had no damage on their faces. No cuts bruises blood nuthjn but they all tapped. Proving that damage means nuthin when grappling and bjj and control is in play

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
Santos got robbed btw
Judging is starting to go too far in the other direction where it's like grappling means absolutely nothing
People talking about damage, the only time Valentina landed anything significant was in round 4. Those slaps off her back were weak as shyt. If that scores more than someone attempting a RNC why does grappling even matter anymore. If it wasn't for a headbutt neither one of them would've come out with a mark on their face.

I wish Suarez didn't fukk her neck up. She would roll over that entire division including Valentina.

I know some commentators and analyst are saying it was the damage but this is when we need a judges panel to say how or why they scored this. If they cn intelligently say how or why then it's ok we cn live with it.

But if it's damage. Then wha shld fighters start scrachting and clawing and forget about grappling control and submissions.

Take a look back at Ronda rouseys streat as champ. All those fights she won via arm bar the appt had no damage on their faces. No cuts bruises blood nuthjn but they all tapped. Proving that damage means nuthin when grappling and bjj and control is in play
Luke Thomas has some good thoughts on this. But as I understand it defending takedowns, takedowns, escaping subs, grappling, etc. aren’t scored but actual sub attempts and damage are.

In the case of the Ronda example if the people she was fighting escaped the sub attempt they’d still get credit.

It does seem like they overcorrected for the Jon Fitch’s of the world. This is really placing a premium on stand up but I wonder if this what the UFC wants.