UFC 281 On ESPN+ PPV [11/12 @ 10 pm ET] “The Big Payback…Revenge” (Israel Adesanya/Alex Pereira)

Who Wins Saturday Night?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo

UFC 281 Main Event On ESPN+PPV:

185 lbs.: UFC Middleweight Champion Israel Adesanya vs. Alex Pereira

UFC 281 Main Card On ESPN+PPV:

115 lbs.: UFC Strawweight Champion Carla Esparza vs. Zhang Weili
155 lbs.: Dustin Poirier vs. Michael Chandler
135 lbs.: Frankie Edgar vs. Chris Gutierrez
155 lbs.: Dan Hooker vs. Claudio Puelles

UFC 281 Prelims Card On ESPNEWS/ESPN+:

155 lbs.: Brad Riddell vs. Renato Moicano
205 lbs.: Dominick Reyes vs. Ryan Spann
125 lbs.: Erin Blanchfield vs. Molly McCann
185 lbs.: Andre Petroski vs. Wellington Turman

UFC 281 Early ‘Prelims’ Card On Fight Pass/ESPN+:

155 lbs.: Matt Frevola vs. Ottman Azaitar
115 lbs.: Karolina Kowalkiewicz vs. Silvana Gomez
145 lbs.: Michael Trizano vs. Seungwoo Choi
135 lbs.: Julio Arce vs. Montel Jackson
205 lbs.: Carlos Ulberg vs. Nicolae Negumereanu

*Fight card, bout order and number of fights remain subject to change.*

LFG :blessed:

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
I know it's her latest fight but....

WHY THE FUNK WOULD UFC UPLOAD THAT shytTY ROSE V CARLA FIGHT?!

How is that supposed to get anyone hyped?

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Izzy lost me when he crashed out for Joe Rogan but too many white folks praying that he takes an L so I gotta ride with him in this one

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
Only the Izzy v Pereira fight interests me.

Honestly, Hooker should have moved to 170 a long time ago. He is one of the slowest fighters I have ever seen. He'd have a better go at 170, only problem being that he'd have to face more wrestlers.

Frankie Edgar is 41 years old. Nuff said.

Poirier v Chandler is meh. Poirier doesn't strike me as hungry anymore, but he should still win a comfortable decision against Chandler. One thing about him is that he has great striking defense. If it stays standing then he will cruise to a decision. Might also be the first person to finish Chandler via submission if he decides to wrestle him.

As for the main event, I see it looking like the Izzy v Gastelum fight. It's going to be back and forth and bloody. Think Izzy just edges it due to championship experience.

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Pereira’s level of competition has been abysmal compared to Izzy, and I get that he beat him in kickboxing, but the fact that he’s in a title fight is mindblowing. I see the UFC’s rationale because Adesanya has pretty much cleaned out the division so it’s a selling point that he was KO’d.

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Pereira’s level of competition has been abysmal compared to Izzy, and I get that he beat him in kickboxing, but the fact that he’s in a title fight is mindblowing. I see the UFC’s rationale because Adesanya has pretty much cleaned out the division so it’s a selling point that he was KO’d.
Yep that's the only selling point. UFC with rogan screaming on every promo as if its a wrestlemania because of what happened in a kickboxing match a long time ago.

From a marketing standpoint, Pereira is about to be 36, if he somehow beats Izzy. I don't see him going a long reign plus Izzy will get a immediate rematch regardless so we would be looking at late '23, '24 before he would even be able to defend that belt against anyone not named izzy.

Izzy has faced much harder competition and the championship rounds and endurance will come into play. I see Izzy winning by decision.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Yep that's the only selling point. UFC with rogan screaming on every promo as if its a wrestlemania because of what happened in a kickboxing match a long time ago.

From a marketing standpoint, Pereira is about to be 36, if he somehow beats Izzy. I don't see him going a long reign plus Izzy will get a immediate rematch regardless so we would be looking at late '23, '24 before he would even be able to defend that belt against anyone not named izzy.

Izzy has faced much harder competition and the championship rounds and endurance will come into play. I see Izzy winning by decision.
I think Pereira loses to Whitaker, and Marvin…..we know Izzy is hard to take down and keep down, we don’t know that about Pereira.

TheMailMan

All Star
Daps
Style bender
Cookie monster
..and Chandler wins via motivational quote ko