UFC 291 On ESPN+ PPV [7/29 at 10 pm ET] “BMF Resurrection” (Poirier/Gaethje II, Blachowicz/Pereira)

Who Wins Saturday Night?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
Im sure someone can illuminate me... wtf is up with Pereira's stance?
It looks clumsy/awkward as hell. He looks so stiff and straight, doesnt even keep his hands up.
His hands are at hip lvl. He doesnt rly have a chin so WTF... No wonder Izzi got him.

Have the refs switched their stance on "ground control time" scoring?

Jan had some bad luck with the refs lately

Pereira’s stance is very kickboxing oriented, and he’s a long & rangy fighter which makes it look awkward. Most guys make adjustments when they switch to MMA, but Pereira decided to stick with what he knows.

As far as his chin goes he’s only been KOed three times between his MMA and kickboxing career in over 50 fights. That’s far from having a weak chin.

Jan only had top control for about 40 seconds in the third round and he did no damage. Just landing a last second TD and laying on top of a guy doesn’t win a round if you got pieced up for the majority of it.

Last edited:

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
Pereira’s stance is very kickboxing oriented, and he’s a long & rangy fighter which makes it look awkward. Most guys make adjustments when they switch to MMA, but Pereira decided to stick with what he knows.

As far as his chin goes he’s only been KOed three times between his MMA and kickboxing career in over 50 fights. That’s far from having a weak chin.

Jan only had top control for about 40 seconds in the third round and he did no damage. Just landing a last second TD and laying on top of a guy doesn’t win a round if you got pieced up for the majority of it.
I've been watching kickboxing since the day of Peter Aerst, Le Banner, Andy Hug days.
Sure, i tuned out, dont rly watch Glory or whatever it's called but none of the fighters has a guard like that. Schilt was long and rangy too

He does get wobbled rly quick Pereira. Izzi rocked him in their first fight. he rocked him in those kickboxing matches, shyt even Jan had him a little rocked in that second round. And he always fights waaaay smaller fighters. This guy looks big even in the LHW division. So yeah, i think his chin is pretty weak..

Anayway, im glad he won. fukk ground control. Jan didnt do shyt with it. All he did was gas himself out

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
satisfying to see Dustin get his head kicked off after saying Justin trying to be technical would be worse for him and he would “show him levels”

looks like Dustin is destined to never have a belt, fake ones included :skip:
He had the interim belt:yeshrug:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Incredible KO by Justin
This was basically these 2 guys battling it out for one last chance at the title so he'll move on to that. I hope he gets it
I actually thought Jan got that fight. It was an awful fight but I thought he landed the better punches in round 3 and sealed it with the take down. I mean I know he just laid on him but Alex ain't really do shyt in round 3 either
Tony looked like shyt outside of a single punch. Bobby Green isn't even that good to be getting dominated so badly by him. Enough is enough. Time to go home Tony
Happy to see Black Beast get back on track. Idk what matchups they can do really but he's still extremely popular they need to keep him around
I haven't seen Chiesa fight in a long time was he always this bad? He looked like some random pure BJJ scrub they picked up for a late notice prelim. He looked fukking terrified of striking with Holland and his take downs were really poor. I was shocked by how bad he looked. I wish Holland was better cause he would easily be one of the bigger stars in the company

hazardous

All Star
Daps
Poirier/Gaethje was shaping up to be a great fight, sucks it ended so early, but credit to Justin for that KO

Thought Alex did enough to win that fight and he didn't show any signs of panic when he was taken down and Jan was on his back working on a submission. He needs to tighten up his defense though, maybe he didn't feel concerned about Blachowicz enough in striking, but there were times he had his hands way down low like the Izzy 2 fight

Utah crowd was really hyped, UFC should visit there again