UFC FN Portland [10/1] "Little People, Big Fight" (Lineker/Dodson, Cowboy Oliveira/Ill Will Brooks)

Who Wins Saturday Night?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr.Logic

Banned
Daps
Yeah, that was a close fight. Lineker kept the pressure throughout the fight and when he was able to keep Dodson still, he landed some big power shots. Yet, Dodson did a good job circling and was tagging Lineker with good shots as well, those head kicks in particular.
Dude was running...A couple of times he tripped himself on the fence because he lost track of how far he was running...:mjlol:You can circle and still stay in fighting distance...

Mr.Logic

Banned
Daps
Yeah Im not mad at the decision. Dodson was avoiding engagement too much.
Dodson is the better fighter, but he just ran too much for me...

If he used TJ Dillashaw type of movement instead of Carlos Condit "running" movement, he would have won the fight...

Mr.Logic

Banned
Daps
If I am a fighter, I am not fighting a dude who misses weight...:russ:Will Brooks was talking mad sh@t and then got destroyed...:mjlol:
Then dude tells him to "suck it" while he is on the ground crying in pain...:lolbron:

I wanted Will Brooks to win because he sounded smart, but when he went off on Cowboy Oliveira for missing weight, I thought to myself "Chill dude, you are a fighter and you know how tough making weight can be, and if you don't know another fighter's situation, be careful judging them for missing weight"

Unless the fighter is notorious for missing weight...

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Dude was running...A couple of times he tripped himself on the fence because he lost track of how far he was running...:mjlol:You can circle and still stay in fighting distance...

There may have been times he was somewhat, but Lineker's power is no joke. Can't say I blame him :manny:

Mr.Logic

Banned
Daps
There may have been times he was somewhat, but Lineker's power is no joke. Can't say I blame him :manny:
Dodson also has power with speed and accuracy...I think he is the better fighter (with a more diverse arsenal), but I am glad the judges did not reward the game plan he chose to follow...

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Dodson also has power with speed and accuracy...I think he is the better fighter (with a more diverse arsenal), but I am glad the judges did not reward the game plan he chose to follow...

Staying off the fence and keeping the fight in open space isn't running

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
If I am a fighter, I am not fighting a dude who misses weight...:russ:Will Brooks was talking mad sh@t and then got destroyed...:mjlol:
Then dude tells him to "suck it" while he is on the ground crying in pain...:lolbron:

I wanted Will Brooks to win because he sounded smart, but when he went off on Cowboy Oliveira for missing weight, I thought to myself "Chill dude, you are a fighter and you know how tough making weight can be, and if you don't know another fighter's situation, be careful judging them for missing weight"

Unless the fighter is notorious for missing weight...

Yea just forgoe a paycheck and 20% of the opponents purse. Just throw all the training and the cost associated with it for nothing. And fukk that he had every right to be pissed. Dude missed weight by almost 6 pounds. Not a pound or a half. And this was after claiming he walked around at 200. No excuse. He was probably 180 in there

Mr.Logic

Banned
Daps
Yea just forgoe a paycheck and 20% of the opponents purse. Just throw all the training and the cost associated with it for nothing. And fukk that he had every right to be pissed. Dude missed weight by almost 6 pounds. Not a pound or a half. And this was after claiming he walked around at 200. No excuse. He was probably 180 in there
Now he is in hospital with a broken rib...He will be out for 6 to 12 months...And if I was a fighter booked against Will Brooks, I will punish that right side of his body hoping to break those ribs again...

Dude set his career back 2 to 5 years...

Mr.Logic

Banned
Daps
Staying off the fence and keeping the fight in open space isn't running
Dodson was running...Watch the fight again...Round 2 at 2'50" Lineker starts jokingly running like Dodson, but John McCarthy intervenes and tells them to "stop it"...:russ:
Why though? If what Dodson is doing is okay, why can't Lineker say "fukk it, you want to circle away, I will also circle away, and that's how we are going to fight"...

That shyt is RUNNING...Why? because if your opponent starts doing the same thing, there will be NO fight...

If you are going to be mobile, be like TJ Dillashaw...Stop sprinting around the Octagon and calling it "resetting, circling or whatever"

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Now he is in hospital with a broken rib...He will be out for 6 to 12 months...And if I was a fighter booked against Will Brooks, I will punish that right side of his body hoping to break those ribs again...

Dude set his career back 2 to 5 years...

Bones heal fine. He will be fine. He would we his career back if he pulled out a co main slot of an already weak card

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Dodson was running...Watch the fight again...Round 2 at 2'50" Lineker starts jokingly running like Dodson, but John McCarthy intervenes and tells them to "stop it"...:russ:
Why though? If what Dodson is doing is okay, why can't Lineker say "fukk it, you want to circle away, I will also circle away, and that's how we are going to fight"...

That shyt is RUNNING...Why? because if your opponent starts doing the same thing, there will be NO fight...

If you are going to be mobile, be like TJ Dillashaw...Stop sprinting around the Octagon and calling it "resetting, circling or whatever"

:snoop: How does Lineker win most of the time? He pressures his opponent into the cage and unloads with hooks. So because Dodson moves off the cage hes running? Stop it. I don't care what Lineker was doing. He was obviously frustrated because he was too slow to catch Dobson and started mocking him. Means nothing. It clear you don't understand strategy and gameplanning. You would rather them bang bro until one falls. Funny thing is Dodson stood and exchanged in the pocket more then he should have which is probably why he lost. Should have "ran" more

Mr.Logic

Banned
Daps
:snoop: How does Lineker win most of the time? He pressures his opponent into the cage and unloads with hooks. So because Dodson moves off the cage hes running? Stop it. I don't care what Lineker was doing. He was obviously frustrated because he was too slow to catch Dobson and started mocking him. Means nothing. It clear you don't understand strategy and gameplanning. You would rather them bang bro until one falls. Funny thing is Dodson stood and exchanged in the pocket more then he should have which is probably why he lost. Should have "ran" more
(1) Dodson was running...Call it what it is...Condit, McGregor, Dodson and whoever else chooses to fight in a way that forces the opponent to literally chase them around the Octagon is RUNNING...

(2) He was frustrated because he came in looking for a fighter, not chase his opponent around the Octagon...It means a lot...

(3) I understand the Winkeljohn Strategy VERY WELL...I hope they don't turn Cowboy Cerone into a running man type of fighter...I have expressed my dislike of their strategy in many posts...

If I was a fighter fighting a runner, I will just stand in the middle of the Octagon and stay there...You want to run, fine, but I am not chasing after you...I will do like Max Holloway, point to the mat and stand my ground...Fcuk your running man strategy...

(4) There is a way of moving in way that keeps the fighting engaging...Look at what TJ Dillashaw did to Barao...TJ wasn't running but he wasn't doing the "bang bro" either...He moved in a way that made him the aggressor against a fighter who was known to walk people down...

(5) He lost because the fight was close, and the judge saw that he was doing a lot of running, and decided to reward him for it...You don't have to stand and exchange in the pocket, there is a way of moving while still being aggressive...

Again, TJ doesn't just stand flat footed in the pocket...He moves and strikes from many angles, but he doesn't make his opponent chase him around the Octagon...

It is not a coincidence that these Winklejohn runners have been on a losing streak...

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Lineker 48-47
Bad gameplan. Dodson disengaged far too much. He was the faster fighter and better striker but if you're gonna sprint halfway across the cage to avoid strikes without offering much in return than you don't deserve to win

curz

Don of all Dons
Daps
Reppin
Dade
Faber is an old man...He is no longer a competitive fighter...His fight versus Cruz and Rivera showed that he is a shell, who doesn't want to get hurt anymore...
Yeah but he's still ranked really high and people respect him. Him and Dodson both coming off losses, good fight

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
(1) Dodson was running...Call it what it is...Condit, McGregor, Dodson and whoever else chooses to fight in a way that forces the opponent to literally chase them around the Octagon is RUNNING...

(2) He was frustrated because he came in looking for a fighter, not chase his opponent around the Octagon...It means a lot...

(3) I understand the Winkeljohn Strategy VERY WELL...I hope they don't turn Cowboy Cerone into a running man type of fighter...I have expressed my dislike of their strategy in many posts...

If I was a fighter fighting a runner, I will just stand in the middle of the Octagon and stay there...You want to run, fine, but I am not chasing after you...I will do like Max Holloway, point to the mat and stand my ground...Fcuk your running man strategy...

(4) There is a way of moving in way that keeps the fighting engaging...Look at what TJ Dillashaw did to Barao...TJ wasn't running but he wasn't doing the "bang bro" either...He moved in a way that made him the aggressor against a fighter who was known to walk people down...

(5) He lost because the fight was close, and the judge saw that he was doing a lot of running, and decided to reward him for it...You don't have to stand and exchange in the pocket, there is a way of moving while still being aggressive...

Again, TJ doesn't just stand flat footed in the pocket...He moves and strikes from many angles, but he doesn't make his opponent chase him around the Octagon...

It is not a coincidence that these Winklejohn runners have been on a losing streak...

So what do you expect him to do then? He's not TJ. Few people have his movement and style. Even with all his running he managed to outstrips Lineker and land with higher accuracy. MMA fans need to stop rewarding this Sanchez/Garcia(two Jackson fighters btw) of moving forward and missing but still winning because it looks effective