UK Politics Thread

Heimdall

Pro
Daps
The notifications for this thread keep stopping 😡

Kemi Badenoch has announced she is opposing Rishi Sunak’s smoking ban because it will mean “people born a day apart will have permanently different rights”.
:russ: Weak.

Also, it's amazing that so much airtime is still given to people who... really needn't be listened to? I'm not sure how else to put it. Nigel, Liz Truss, creh who left to join that soon-to-be-former party (remember Change UK? 🤣) Lee Anderson. Is Liz Truss even still an MP? Until the election I suppose

The wait has been exhausting.

bnew

Veteran
Daps

1/3
I'm in the UK now, hearing this a lot: "Whoever you vote for it stays the same."

Here's the reality:

2/3
I'm glad to see this guy campaigning against Trump, who increased the national debt by 1/3!

3/3
Joe Biden and the Big Spenders in Washington don’t want you to know how bad the national
debt is. If you’re informed, their plans are ruined. Sign up, stay informed, and stop their plans!

To post tweets in this format, more info here: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/tips-and-tricks-for-posting-the-coli-megathread.984734/post-52211196
GMkRfVrXAAAK6kE.png

Heimdall

Pro
Daps
(it's old now, I know 😰)

but it definitely had me
BpUEh4x.png
when I first read it - who exactly is this party supposed to represent now? Larger and larger segments of the population are getting reamed by its policies, or lack thereof (or maybe most accurately, abandoned).

I don't think this poll is on the We Think site but some of the other ones might be interesting.

A majority of British voters now believe that it’s the Conservative Party which truly doesn’t understand British values, an exclusive new poll commissioned by Byline Times suggests.

However, new polling conducted this week by pollsters We Think for this paper found that 61% of those surveyed do not believe the Conservative Party “understands British values”, with a further 58% saying the same of Prime Minister Rishi Sunak.

By contrast, a majority of those surveyed said that the Labour Party (57%) and its leader Keir Starmer (56%) do in fact understand British values.