How Far Do the Celtics Go This Season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
1024px-Boston_Celtics.svg.png

2017-18 Regular Season Record: 55-27 (2nd Place in the Eastern Conference)

2017-18 Season Finish: Eastern Conference Finals (Lost 4-3)

Projected 2018-19 Starting Lineup:
i

Al Horford
12.9ppg, 7.4rpg, 4.7apg, 1.1bpg, 49% FG, 43% 3P
*All-Star

i

Gordon Hayward
21.9ppg, 5.4rpg, 3.5apg, 1spg, 47% FG, 40% 3P
(with Utah Jazz)

i

Jayson Tatum
13.9ppg, 5rpg, 1spg, 48% FG, 43% 3P

i

Jaylen Brown
14.5ppg, 4.9rpg, 1spg, 47% FG, 40% 3P

i

Kyrie Irving
24.4ppg, 5.1apg, 3.8rpg, 1.1spg, 49% FG, 41% 3P
*All-Star

New Additions:

Robert Williams (drafted from Texas A&M)
Brad Wanamaker (free agent signing)
Xavier Silas (free agent signing)
Rodney Purvis (free agent signing)

The Boston Celtics are favorites to come out of the East and are legitimate title contenders. Last season, we took the Lebron-led Cleveland Cavaliers to 7 games in the Eastern Conference Finals before blowing it in the 2nd half of Game 7.

We lost our free agent acquisition Gordon Hayward for the season within minutes of the first game. However, Uncle Drew led the Cs to a 16-game winning streak afterwards and kept us in the fight for top of the East while entertaining us with some beautiful basketball.

Kyrie was selected as an All-Star and was a legit MVP candidate. He kept the Celtics in the fight for top seed in the East until he was ultimately was kept out for the rest of the season in March 2018 due to complications from his previous knee surgery.

giphy.gif

tumblr_p84bntigLy1wu8tuto1_540.gif

Rookie Jayson Tatum and 2nd-year star Jaylen Brown filled the scoring void left by Kyrie's absence. They both demonstrated serious growth in their respective games.

Tatum established himself as a force to be reckoned with and a future star. Period. He was arguably the 2nd best rookie last season. And he stepped up big time in the playoffs.

DizzyTartGrizzlybear-size_restricted.gif

tenor.gif

Jaylen proved that his rookie year success was not a fluke at all. He improved his scoring and improved his shooting from beyond the arc. And he shows no signs of slowing down. He's set to be a perennial All-Star in the near future.
giphy.gif

jayln.0.gif

Both Js will need to keep developing individually and become more comfortable in Brad Stevens' system. Both have shown plenty of promise on the defensive side of the ball. They're in a really good position to become perennial All-Stars, champions and Celtics legends.

An added surprise to last season was the emergence of Terry Rozier, especially in the absence of Uncle Drew. He made himself a household name in the playoffs based on the clutch shots he provided. He'll be coming off the bench this season but he obviously will provide the Cs depth and is a beautiful insurance policy at the PG position. He's definitely attracted interest from plenty of teams around the league, most notably the Suns. He'll be a restricted free agent this upcoming offseason.
BlackFineAmericanwigeon-max-1mb.gif

roz.0.gif

Al Horford earned himself another All-Star nod and was in the conversation for Defensive Player of the Year based on how he made himself the anchor of the Celtics defense, which was ranked 1. He's the perfect point-forward and keeps defenses honest with his ability to knock down outside shots. He's going to have to keep being the anchor for our team.
off31.gif

giphy.gif

Despite losing Hayward, Irving, and Daniel Theis for the regular season, the Cs managed to finish second in the East (behind the Toronto Raptors).

We faced off against Giannis Antetokounmpo and the Milwaukee Bucks in the first round of the playoffs. In a hard-fought series, we overcame the Bucks in 7. Rozier showed out and made Eric Bledsoe his bytch. He averaged 18ppg and 7apg in that series.

giphy.gif

We then went up against Joel Embiid and the 76ers in the second round and gave them a gentleman's sweep. Horford abused the hell out of the 76ers front court and outclassed Embiid in every facet. Horford averaged 14ppg, 9rpg, 3apg and 1bpg.
20180430_horford_post-2.gif

We then lost to the Cavaliers in 7 games.

Since then, Bron has jumped ship to the Lakers out West. Meaning the Cs' path to the NBA Finals is wide open.

The Cs are set to represent the East in the NBA Finals, if all goes according to plans.

The rebuild has been complete.:Danny:

Kyrie's leading us to the promised land.:KyrieStare2:

We're officially in win NOW mode. Championship or bust. :billrusselloldheadstare::LarryLegend:

history-championships-970x442.jpg

#celtsgang :larrylegendtowel:
@Jutt @ill @R.E.N. Spells Ren @VMR @vbamz @Raquinotj @KevJ @SchoolboyC @Bernie Madoff @JBone4eva @Stress Welker @Sub Kr4zy @unit321 @UpAndComing @Suiken @JLR Steez @craigsagersuit @insidious @Listen @fact @Codeine Fiend Dream Team @JarrodG @William Heavy @yamomzb @YeLovesBoston @Shamrock32 @coose @GrindtooFilthy @jimihendrixheadband @34TheTruth @JJ_ALL_DAY @patscorpio @chief_keef_stan @The Situation @Grano-Grano @Chef Mello @TyThePoet @KevCo @GOAT @Arcavian

bostoncelticsschedule.gif

The GOAT NBA franchise Boston Celtics are title contenders once again.:celticsrejoice:

We'll be adding another championship banner to the 17 we already got real soon. :celticsobamawhew:

Brad Stevens for Coach of the Year already dammit. :GladBrad:

Stay mad haters. :billrussellmiddlefinger:

Last edited:
Daps
Let's goooo! Good stuff Trill

I'm so excited to see this team at full health. This group was 1 game away from the Finals last year without the top 2 players on the team, now they're back and LeBron is out west.

The East is ours! This team is going to be very fun to watch on both ends.

William Heavy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hell Yeah! I'm ready for training camp to start already.

On another note, I got this vid in my mentions yesterday. I'm old enough to remember watching Bird and having a understanding of basketball when he played in the late 80's and from 90-92 when he was old, shot, and had to lay on his stomach on the bench cuz his back was bad.:dame: I wasn't old enough to remember his first 6 years. But when I watch games of his from his rookie year to 85 I realize that he wasn't that bad athletically. His toughness has always stood out though, getting rebounds and steals. And I've mentioned this before, Larry talked about how he broke his pointer finger on his shooting hand playing baseball the summer before his rookie year. His finger ended up having the weird Torry **** bend afterwards. Larry said he was a better shooter in college and had to re-adjust his shooting technique after the break. Dude could have been an even better shooter.

start at 2:10

Daps
Can't wait to see how Stevens works the lineups and how he plays Gordon/Tatum/Brown.

Not to mention Smart, Rozier and Morris off the bench. Just with those 8 alone, Stevens can throw out so many different combinations of quality multi-dimensional players.

Baynes is back and hopefully Theis is healthy, he's a good big to have off the bench.

The Cs are loaded with talent up top but also very deep. Shooting should be better this year and this defense should hopefully improve with another year together.

I'm also excited about the fact that we have some hungry players in positions of wanting to prove something.

Kyrie and Rozier are in contract years, with Kyrie in control of his destiny while Rozier is trying to build off his breakout run last year and play his way into a big pay day.

Hayward is coming off an awful injury and is looking to work his way back into form and prove he is still a star player.

Marcus Smart got a decent contract this summer, some people say it was too much and he wants to prove his worth and continue getting better.

Then of course, Tatum and Brown are going to be extra exciting this year as they improve with another year under their belt. These 2 are rising stars and I'm looking forward to watching them grow.

LET'S GO CELTICS!