Uncle Luke goes in on Spike Lee

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
my biggest issue with this whole fukkin movie controversy is the fact that mufukkaz from both sides are making this movie to be something greater than what it is.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
What exactly did Spike say that was so outlandish? He told the truth. Slavery was NOT a Spaghetti western, it was an American Holocaust. If Spike decides that he doesn't want to view slavery as fodder for historical parody, he's well within his right to do so and speak on it. He said he wasn't going to see it, that's his prerogative. I don't remember him proclaiming that all black people should avoid it or boycott it. He said that HE wasn't going to see it.

im the biggest spike lee fan breh, but he could have at least watched the movie before commenting on it. thats just common sense. pre-judging is synonymous with prejudice. its not even about slavery its about events that happen in spite of it

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
im the biggest spike lee fan breh, but he could have at least watched the movie before commenting on it. thats just common sense. pre-judging is synonymous with prejudice. its not even about slavery its about events that happen in spite of it

This is basically what I was sayin..dude was shyttin on it before even seeing it..that wasnt an opinion...it was ignorance...

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H

movie fans do this all the fukking time

told buncha idiots in another thread already..i didnt have to watch Brokeback Mountain first to judge it..

all he said was "movie is disrespectful to my ancestors ..i wont be watching it" thats it

nikkas acting like he wrote a fukking thesis

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
fukk LUKE!! :pacspit:

Ole dirty azz nasty c00n sambo fakkit! 2 Jive Crew was one of the biggest mistral acts in history

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

This is basically what I was sayin..dude was shyttin on it before even seeing it..that wasnt an opinion...it was ignorance...

Read his comments again. He said that the BASIC PREMISE of the movie (a Spaghetti Western/Slavery era mash up with comedic overtones) wasn't something that HE himself was going to support on the grounds that in his opinion Slavery wasn't something to be parodied. He wasn't ignorantly calling the movie something it wasn't, he wasn't even TRULY shytting on the film itself. For those who are familiar with Spike Lee shytting on a film and director, look up his quotes on Clint Eastwood's Flags Of Our Fathers. He stated that HE wasn't going to see the movie because HE believed that slavery should not be depicted in such a manner.

Nowhere on his comments did he speak ill of Quentin Tarantino
Nowhere in his comments did he speak ill of the cast
Nowhere in his comments did he call for protests or boycotts of the film

Again, Django was a good movie, an entertaining and at times poignant work of FICTION. however, if Spike Lee, for his own personal reasons chooses not to see it or endorse it, then he is WELL within his rights to do so. Spike Lee has done MORE than enough throughout his career with his platform for the advancement of African Americans. His allegiance towards the betterment of African Americans is unquestionable and undebateable. I think people really do forget how many African American actors got their breaks from Spike Lee. I think people forget how Spike Lee battled with the studios when they tried to fukk him on the budget of Malcolm X (both he and Denzel Washingtok put their entire salaries up towards the producron budget) I think people forget how Spike Lee told all major magazines and media outlets that he wanted to be interviewed by black journalists, at a time when most of these magazines HAD no black journalists and had go hire them. I think people forget that Spike Lee was calling bullshyt on being charged with Anti-Semticism and creating dialogue on Jewish control of Black Films. I think that people REALLY FORGET what Spike Lee's films stand for in regards to accurately depicting the TRUE African American experience (not Tarantino's Revenge Fanatsy) in modern culture, and I think some of you need to be educated before you disparage Spike Lee.

#TPC

Gifted one

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Read his comments again. He said that the BASIC PREMISE of the movie (a Spaghetti Western/Slavery era mash up with comedic overtones) wasn't something that HE himself was going to support on the grounds that in his opinion Slavery wasn't something to be parodied. He wasn't ignorantly calling the movie something it wasn't, he wasn't even TRULY shytting on the film itself. For those who are familiar with Spike Lee shytting on a film and director, look up his quotes on Clint Eastwood's Flags Of Our Fathers. He stated that HE wasn't going to see the movie because HE believed that slavery should not be depicted in such a manner.

Again, Django was a good movie, an entertaining and at times poignant work of FICTION. however, if Spike Lee, for his own personal reasons chooses not to see it or endorse it, then he is WELL within his rights to do so. Spike Lee has done MORE than enough throughout his career with his platform for the advancement of African Americans. His allegiance towards the betterment of African Americans is unquestionable and undebateable. I think people really do forget how many African American actors got their breaks from Spike Lee. I think people forget how Spike Lee battled with the studios when they tried to fukk him on the budget of Malcolm X (both he and Denzel Washingtok put their entire salaries up towards the producron budget) I think people forget how Spike Lee told all major magazines and media outlets that he wanted to be interviewed by black journalists, at a time when most of these magazines HAD no black journalists and had go hire them. I think people forget that Spike Lee was calling bullshyt on being charged with Anti-Semticism and creating dialogue on Jewish control of Black Films. I think that people REALLY FORGET what Spike Lee's films stand for in regards to accurately depicting the TRUE African American experience (not Tarantino's Revenge Fanatsy) in modern culture, and I think some of you need to be educated before you disparage Spike Lee.

#TPC

:wow:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
my biggest issue with this whole fukkin movie controversy is the fact that mufukkaz from both sides are making this movie to be something greater than what it is.

:why: im sayin tho

this movie was average at best, there wasn't no deep intense themes that had me thinkin about my ancestors at all.

the entire time im watching im thinking:

:mindblown: "where is the fukking scene/dialogue that has everyone feeling some type of way"

:pacspit: at everyone who hyped this shyt up, it def wasn't worthy of no damn award or all of this attetion.

:ufdup: and all spike said was he wasn't gonna watch it based on the premise there aint a damn thing wrong with saying that

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
movie fans do this all the fukking time

told buncha idiots in another thread already..i didnt have to watch Brokeback Mountain first to judge it..

all he said was "movie is disrespectful to my ancestors ..i wont be watching it" thats it

nikkas acting like he wrote a fukking thesis

brokeback is about gay cowboys. thats a fact, not a judgement. aint nobody trynna see that

i could see if he was like im not trynna see no slavery spaghetti western - but he went all out and made it seem like something its not. without seeing it

dont mistake this for me supporting lukes comment though. i think dude is still hypersensitive about being censored back in the day

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..

#TPC
Ziggiy u my nikka...and I didnt forget none of the shyt Spike has done...but that DOES NOT mean that excuses him from bein a dikk and an a$$hole at times...which he is...the dude made a PRECONCIEVED notion about the movie..I know exactly what he said...shyt...Jamie Foxx and more than him said they spoke to Spike before the movie released..Jamie said Spike told him specifically he wasnt gonna shyt on the movie...now all of a sudden he got an issue? ..im sorry but that nikka Spike...with ALL his contributions to black cinema...is not without judgment or fault JUST cause of what he's done...dude is turning into the Al Sharpton if directors IMO...how is dude gonna try to dictate how many times someone puts a word in THEIR book or THEIR movie. .and no..he doesn't keep his feelings for himself...he states them publicly...like I said what he did with Steven King...dude seems to think white people can't dipict the way black people were treated in a time set piece realisticly...as for Django being fiction..YES..it was fiction...but the shyt that slaves went thru that was dipicted in the movie was FACT...and he didnt make light of any of it in the movie..he didnt make it seem like any of it was funny...movie was FAR more disrespectful to white people compared to black people imo...and it DEF wasnt all of what Luke was sayin either...the movie is being taken both too lightly and too seriously of that makes any sense. Lol..and Luke WAS WRONG for callin Spike an uncle tom. Luke WAS WRONG about belittling Spike's movies ESPECIALLY Malcolm X...honestly Luke most likely KNOWS Spike and feel he's an a$$hole like MANY people both black and white do...regardless of how talented he is or what he's done...and funny shyt is..now a days u hear him talkin more shyt than doin it..he hasnt put out decent product in YEARS but the nikka is ALWAYS talkin...I just wish he would stfu and show the people he feel is doin it wrong how its done...and I used to back Spike up 100% everytime but its gettin to the point he's coming off as a whiny a$$hole ..regardless of that we goin back to how Jamie and I think Tarentino himself has both said they spoke to Spike and/or Spike knew about the movie before and he was singing a whole different tune. And maybe Quentin would lie about that but I dont believe Jamie would...if u took REAL history from that time period...u can honestly make a fukkin Western out of it...cause a lot of the illest cowboys was black...so the idea of not being able to dipict the affects of black slavery in a western is a fukkin joke to me in the first place...and slavery WASNT parodied in the film either..