Under which height is iverson the goat ?

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
AI was that dude but Isaiah has two rings and went to three straight finals so he has to be put over him in the all time list. Plus he was a pure scorer like AI but he learned how to suppress that part of his game for the good of his team. Something Chuck never learned in well over a decade of playing.

WheresWallace

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
At that size (6'3" and below) it's between Iverson, Isiah, John Stockton, and Nate Archibald, it just depends on who you prefer. And I guess you could throw Bob Cousy in there, relative to era.

ai_1.jpg

shut up you old ass nikka.

Last edited:

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Clearly better how? Because he shot way more? :heh: Do you even read the post you responded to. I could see if AI was more efficient at scoring or at least comparably efficient while taking more shots but that wasn't the case. I am not gonna give a guy the nod as being a better scorer just because he took way more shots. The difference is that AI didn't do shyt when he had talent. He had Stackhouse early on in Philly and they couldn't co-exist. He had Melo and other parts in Denver and they did nothing. He gets traded to Detroit and Denver goes right to the WCF and conversely the perennial contender Pistons go right into the toilet with him. This can't be overstated. AI was not as effective when the offense didn't revolve around him. Zeke had not problem in this area and could step up and score if it was needed. You put Zeke on those Denver squads and they are better and you put him on that Pistons team and they are better.

You have no idea what youre talking about Because they're comparable when it comes to efficiency.

Isiah Thomas
45%FG/29%3Pt/76%FT
51%TS/46EFG. Which bad

Allen iverson
42%FG/31%/78%FT
51%TS/45%EFG which is bad

Yea There both on the same level. This isn't comparing Steve nash and Iverson here. AI is clearly the better scorer.

And the WCF in 09 is overblown because they only won 4 more games in a weaker year in the west were they eventually lost to the same team that iverson lost to in 2008. You said they would get better, is Isiah beating the lakers in 2001? Of the spurs in 07' or the lakers in 2008? No chance, as I said before zeke does no better in Iversons shoes. But put iverson on a much better and more talented version of the 01' scores like the bad boys were.....

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
AI was that dude but Isaiah has two rings and went to three straight finals so he has to be put over him in the all time list. Plus he was a pure scorer like AI but he learned how to suppress that part of his game for the good of his team. Something Chuck never learned in well over a decade of playing.

if im not mistaken AI looked up to Zeke/patterned his game after his (I might have Al confused with Kenny Anderson on this, been a minute), Philly should have brought Zeke in as a mentor for Al if so.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You have no idea what youre talking about Because they're comparable when it comes to efficiency.

Isiah Thomas
45%FG/29%3Pt/76%FT
51%TS/46EFG. Which bad

Allen iverson
42%FG/31%/78%FT
51%TS/45%EFG which is bad

Yea There both on the same level. This isn't comparing Steve nash and Iverson here. AI is clearly the better scorer.

And the WCF in 09 is overblown because they only won 4 more games in a weaker year in the west were they eventually lost to the same team that iverson lost to in 2008. You said they would get better, is Isiah beating the lakers in 2001? Of the spurs in 07' or the lakers in 2008? No chance, as I said before zeke does no better in Iversons shoes. But put iverson on a much better and more talented version of the 01' scores like the bad boys were.....

Zeke at his peak was 46-49% every year for 7 straight seasons. AI only got above 45% twice. Spin it how you wish but they only area where AI outdid Zeke was attempts. What part of "If you shoot more, you score more" are you not getting? :heh: I guess AI clearly a better scorer than Kobe and T-Mac and Vince and Shaq and Duncan back when he was winning scoring titles and avg. damn near 30 shots a game. :comeon:

You said AI was clearly a better scorer. You telling me Zeke couldnt' have managed 36 pts on 32 shots a night like AI did against the Lakers? Of course they don't beat them but they probably do fare better with Zeke running the show and actually getting others involved (see Dikembe shooting 60% on 11 shots aka 1/3 of AI's attempts :dead:) . The Nuggets are probably a higher seed and thusly avoid the Spurs and Lakers in the 1st round in those years with Zeke in place of AI. You see how big a difference 4 games made like you said. I notice you had nothing to say about AI's stint with the Pistons. He got exposed big time there. I lost a lot of respect for him a that point. He couldn't hog the ball and jack up shots and was rendered useless. He would have had similar struggles adjusting with the Bad Boys.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Philly should have brought Zeke in as a mentor for Al if so.
:wtf:
nikka, whut!

zeke could never be a mentor to ai, publically.

as a matter of fact,...ai is a better model citizen than zeke, too.
zeke was cold, but ai was better than duke.

if ai was on a team coached by daley, and not made the fall guy for the low bball iq.
plus allowed to play his natural,..ai would have easily been one of the best pg's of all time.

you dudes need to do background on why chuck left philly.
then apply that same awful fo, to why ai had to play sg.
on top of never really being given a real supporting cast as well.
zeke was getting punched in the fukk'n eye and bloodied up by fukk'n paxson.
plus, used to hide behind his brother's muscle in the chi.
he was nowhere near as real as ai.

zeke is the original catholic school saved me kid.
all that oh, he was from out west...man, zeke was not hardbody.
his fukk'n brother was and he got away with that shyt, because of it.

art barr

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
01 Sixers probably dont do much better with Zeke than AI unless you can somehow turn Eric Snow into Joe Dumars too. AI had 1 of the greatest seasons of all time dragging those bums to the finals. 08 Nuggets tho fukk around and get past LA. Zeke would recognize the alpha scorer that is Melo and would let him cook. He'd feed JR, Nene, Kmart (Kidd made this mofo look like an 18ppg all star. Zeke could prob get him to 14-15), and hit ice cold daggers on LA whenever necessary.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
:wtf:
nikka, whut!

zeke could never be a mentor to ai, publically.

as a matter of fact,...ai is a better model citizen than zeke, too.
zeke was cold, but ai was better than duke.

if ai was on a team coached by daley, and not made the fall guy for the low bball iq.
plus allowed to play his natural,..ai would have easily been one of the best pg's of all time.

you dudes need to do background on why chuck left philly.
then apply that same awful fo, to why ai had to play sg.
on top of never really being given a real supporting cast as well.
zeke was getting punched in the fukk'n eye and bloodied up by fukk'n paxson.
plus, used to hide behind his brother's muscle in the chi.
he was nowhere near as real as ai.

zeke is the original catholic school saved me kid.
all that oh, he was from out west...man, zeke was not hardbody.
his fukk'n brother was and he got away with that shyt, because of it.

art barr

:what:how are you going to be from the Chi dissing Zeke, you deserve the tables breh.

Besides I meant as a player to help refine his game, and looking back Zeke could have help him business wise as well with his dough.

:russ: at Zeke getting bloodied by Paxson. Art you're the dude but you are wrong here.

CarolinaKing

The Carolina Blueprint
Daps
Reppin
NC
NBA TV is running a bunch of Isiah games right now for those interested