Undertaker on Hogan’s HulkTales in 1991: “I realized what you’re all about, that’s all I needed.”

Broad Street Bully

Sick & Tide Sixers/Phillies/Cowboys fan smh
Daps
Reppin
Philly. Fucc a Eagle. I mean dat.

The Undertaker entered WWE at a time that was filled with top names. He slowly made it to the top but recalls one event that still troubles him.

Undertaker had a talk with ESPN in which he revealed that WWE Hall of Famer Hulk Hogan lied about a particular injury.

Undertaker won his first WWE title against Hogan at the Survivor Series 1991. The match ended with Taker delivering his signature Tombstone Piledriver. Hulk Hogan blamed Taker for the move claiming that it had injured his neck.

“Hogan claimed that I hurt him on the tombstone during the pay-per-view. Hulk was still the golden goose at the time. So I’m thinking they are gonna take this off me because they can’t trust me or whatnot. They didn’t really explain to me what the reasoning was.”

Shane McMahon reassured Taker that Hogan’s head was far from touching the mat. However, Taker was at a trance believing he just hurt the biggest star.

“Shane’s right there telling me, he’s like, ‘Mark,’ he goes, ‘his head wasn’t anywhere close to touching that mat.’ I’m like, ‘No, man.’ I just couldn’t hear it,” I was like, ‘No, man. I hurt him.’ I couldn’t put a thought together. I just thought I killed him.”

Undertaker further said that he confronted Hogan about the injury and realized Hogan’s stand. The Hulkster went around spreading the news about Taker hurting him. Undertaker believes that’s what cost him his title.

“Finally, I got to San Antonio. I was like, ‘Terry, I watched it back, your head never hit!’ He’s like, ‘Brother, what it was is, you had me so tight, that when we came down, I had nowhere to move, and that’s what jammed my neck. I couldn’t move at all.’ At that point, then I was like, ‘Okay,’ I kind of realized I know what you’re all about, and that’s all I needed.”

Undertaker would lose his WWE Title to Hogan 6 days later after his win. Following Hogan’s departure to WCW in 1993, Taker became the main man in the company, a title he still holds.

Undertaker on his current stand with Hulk Hogan

The WWE Superstar has not been one to beef with anyone. Taker commented that he had maintained a professional relationship with Hogan in spite of what happened.

“I was not overly friendly, but I did, you know, if he was in the building, I always made sure to say hello, and engage him in conversation. But, you know, I’ve always, like I said, from that Tuesday in Texas, when I got that answer, I knew all I needed to know about him. And then, you know, that’s the way it’s always. My radar was always up, anytime I had to interact with him.”

Hulk Hogan has been a part of many controversies in the past. The revelation from Taker further adds to the story. Nonetheless, Taker has had a lustrous career in WWE, something others can only dream of.

:dead: Just hilarious what a total piece of shyt this nikka Hulk is. “Ohhh you got my neck brother” when his shyt didn’t land anywhere near the mat or the chair for that matter. Look at this shyt.

giphy.gif

Cmon Terry :stopitslime: cut the bullshyt. “Get my wife and kids on the phone!” :laff: I can only imagine him on Vince’s floor lying like Ezail in the corner store “my neck and my back” :mjlol: not to mention this is after one of the most hilarious no sells in history too.

5VrDfqf.gif

:dead: what a piece of shyt politician. Could’ve ended one of the GOAT gimmicks before it even gained real steam smh. shyt sad.

Homer Simpson

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
that tombstone looked terrible

taker didn't lose anything by losing the title to him. hogan was really dirty in that match. He spilled his parents ashes on the mat, grabbed a handful and threw them in undertaker's eyes. :dwillhuh: there was a lot of fukkery in that match. can't remember everything but the urn part is crazy :mjlol:

Kid Dynamite

aka The Big Bonanza aka The Ebony Prince
Supporter
Daps
Crazy... I just watched this match on the network. That tombstone looked like shyt and I could tell in real time hogan's head/neck was just fine. No impact whatsoever

Never did like hogan, he was always whining after a loss or cheating then playing the part of a face... Should've been a heel way before WCW

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
that tombstone looked terrible

taker didn't lose anything by losing the title to him. hogan was really dirty in that match. He spilled his parents ashes on the mat, grabbed a handful and threw them in undertaker's eyes. :dwillhuh: there was a lot of fukkery in that match. can't remember everything but the urn part is crazy :mjlol:
Hogan was SUPER heelish and dirty in that rematch. Even put the beats on Taker even more after the match was over completely unprovoked.