UNLV Cac kills Black Roommate - Friends of murdered roommate speak about wanted man: Weirdo

King of Creampies

Hop in. You coming too!
Daps
Reppin
Wild Hunt
Friends of murdered roommate speak about wanted man: 'He just did weird things'

Friday, June 2nd 2017

Clifton Taylor has been identified as the man stabbed to death by his roommate, identified by police as Zachary Drey. (Photo courtesy of Xavier Morgan)

VIEW PHOTO GALLERY
4 photos

LAS VEGAS (KSNV News3LV) — The last thing a murder victim's friends say they heard about the suspect in his murder was that “he just did weird things.”

Zachary Drey, 25, is suspected of killing his roommate, Clifton Taylor.

Xavier Morgan was the murder victim’s friend.

"May he rest in peace,” said Morgan. “He was a beautiful soul."

Morgan can't believe his friend, 25-year-old Taylor, is dead. The two UNLV students were involved in the National Society of Black Engineers.

On Wednesday morning, police found Taylor's body in a bathtub at a central Las Vegas apartment off Maryland Parkway and Twain Avenue.

"It's just heartbreaking. It is still a surprise. Heartbreaking. It still hurts,” said Morgan.

Officers with the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department are still looking for Drey. Police say they found the victim stabbed several times.

RELATED LINK | UPDATE: Police release photo of suspect in killing near Twain and Maryland

According to detectives, Drey's mother received a call from her son confessing to the murder.

Morgan remembers his friend mentioning his roommate.

"He just said he was pretty difficult to live with at times,” said Morgan. “He wouldn't go into detail. He usually just shakes his head."

LVMPD considers Drey armed and dangerous. The wanted man was last seen Thursday at a fast food restaurant off Maryland Parkway and Katie Avenue.

Neighbors at the apartment complex are concerned Drey may return.

Javier Gonzalez, who lived next door, says he told his girlfriend to stay inside their apartment.

"I started to tell her, 'you know, it's a little dicey to go out here by yourself.' I'm going to advise her to wait for me to come home,” said Gonzalez.

Morgan says he won’t be at peace until his friend's suspected killer is caught.

"I want every effort to be put into finding him because Clifton … I know everybody in NSBE family, UNLV in a whole, is just hurting right now,” said Morgan.

You will have to click the links for the pics but funny we never heard about this....wanna guess who the killer is? :martin:

Last edited:

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
RIP to breh.

Back when I stayed on campus and even when I got my first apartment, I specifically told them I wanted a black roommate. I just didn't trust sleeping around white people.

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
You will have to click the links for the pics but funny we never heard about this....wanna guess who the killer is? :martin:
is a random roommates murder supposed to be national news? shyt was all over local news, and the guys been caught for a few days now. whats funny about this obscure ass story not getting traction outside of vegas?