Unpopular opinion: Social Media Will Never Be Real Life

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The el paso & christchurch shooters

Trump’s campaign/ presidency

Anti critical race theory legislation

:ehh:

I’ll give you the Trump campaign… propaganda via the internet spilled over into reality during Trump’s first campaign.

CRT has been around for like half a century and I don’t think it was ever taught in primary education. If it was taught it was done at the collegiate level. CRT was just a buzz word used to ban literature that shows that America is fundamentally racist

Nokids

Promise if I have a seed imma guide him right
Daps
Reppin
Good type up but yea social media is Bizzaro world ..

Only on the internet a 30 year old man with no kids is a weirdo , in real life never heard a peep

single mothers, felons and losers run the narratives online when in real life they aren’t regarded as highly

PatCake

Alkali Nonmetals
Daps
Reppin
Black Jesus; Stolen Tales
Yet people sp desperately want it to be. Ever notice how users get offended when you say the internet isn't a real place or "touch grass"?

We're going to see a society where a small sub section of individuals live almost entirely on the internet, in this century. The internet will be real for some people soon.
I wouldn't be surprise to see that soon.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
I don't think some of the responses understand what the OP is saying.

Social media will never be an accurate representation of reality, nor will it be trustworthy that any particular thing done/said on social media will align with real life. That is obviously true, and it's hard to see away around it.

He's not saying that social media doesn't impact real life. It DOES impact life, but from a particular warped perspective, and that's the problem.
This is still false/will prove false as more and more humans are born and raised in an Internet/social media-intrinsic world.

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
People are not willing to accept the truth of social media's influence. :manny: Prior to social media it was somewhat movies but more so music and television (ads). The only difference now is social media is a click away and more frequent. Folks need to recognize shyt for what it is. For example, back in the days people had no problem drinking from a water hose in the backyard. Now you have people who only drink bottle water and that was all through advertising.