Upcoming LL Cool J Album Entirely Produced by Q-Tip

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
Damn 2 GOATs who debuted in the 80s got together to make some dope shyt.

Q Tip seems to be really cautious with what he releases so there's no way this is anything but fire.

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
Why these type of albums never drop when rappers are in their prime :mindblown:
LL tried to do an album with beats like Q tip was making in the early 90s and critics shytted on him for it. He came out battling in 84, then when he made "I need love" he got shytted on(thougth BAD was a dope album and well-received), Walking with a Panther almost ended his career. He get with Marley and Bobcat to make a classic in Mama Said knock you out with hard beats and a classic song for the ladies (around the way girl). Tries to keep that momentum with 14 shots to the dome and got shytted on, So then he went back to Female inspired music in 95 and stayed in that lane ever since with a hard song or 2 every album. ..

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
LL tried to do an album with beats like Q tip was making in the early 90s and critics shytted on him for it. He came out battling in 84, then when he made "I need love" he got shytted on(thougth BAD was a dope album and well-received), Walking with a Panther almost ended his career. He get with Marley and Bobcat to make a classic in Mama Said knock you out with hard beats and a classic song for the ladies (around the way girl). Tries to keep that momentum with 14 shots to the dome and got shytted on, So then he went back to Female inspired music in 95 and stayed in that lane ever since with a hard song or 2 every album. ..
Critics shytted on LL or the streets?

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
Critics shytted on LL or the streets?
14 shots to the dome was a disaster. Especially coming off the platinum/grammy winning Mama Said knock you out. I think that Def Jam just chose the wrong singles. "Stand by your man" should have been the first single. followed by Pink cookies, then the pink cookies Mo Bee remix(which was hot). Listening to it when it came out, i didn't even like it until years later I listened to it and realized that the beats were dope as fukk, but we just weren't used to hearing LL on beats that hard. That was some Lords of the Underground/Onyx type shyt.. the crazy thing is that Monica 2 years later had a hit and sold millions based upon a song that people shytted on LL for lol. you can't make this up. (back seat of my jeep).

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
14 shots to the dome was a disaster. Especially coming off the platinum/grammy winning Mama Said knock you out. I think that Def Jam just chose the wrong singles. "Stand by your man" should have been the first single. followed by Pink cookies, then the pink cookies Mo Bee remix(which was hot). Listening to it when it came out, i didn't even like it until years later I listened to it and realized that the beats were dope as fukk, but we just weren't used to hearing LL on beats that hard. That was some Lords of the Underground/Onyx type shyt.. the crazy thing is that Monica 2 years later had a hit and sold millions based upon a song that people shytted on LL for lol. you can't make this up. (back seat of my jeep).

People give 14 Shots a hard time , but the album was pretty good to me. :yeshrug:

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Not really been into much post-90s LL music but i'm always in for more Q-Tip production. Damn near everything he has produced since The Renassiance has been fire

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Cool J is The GOAT so imma check it anyways...but I never know what imma get from Tip sound-wise.

DrexlersFade

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

He finally about to do it too these meatballs
tenor.gif