US Case Against Kim Dotcom/Megaupload is Falling Apart

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Interesting. I don't know why the case against Napster can't be used against Megaupload. It's still peer-to-peer file sharing but in a different front-end format.

I don't even know how many adult video files I picked up from megaupload. I don't know if each individual company (let's just say bangbus would rake in a ton of cash) can sue directly and win rather than have a huge civil lawsuit.

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Mega is GOAT. Don't know why more people don't use it

They're probably scared that it's too good to be true and it'll be taken away again, or that it's under more serious surveillance than other file hosts and that they'll be caught more easily (assuming they are up/downloading illegal files.)

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
I really don't see the case against him here. All he did was provide a platform to facilitate file sharing. What ppl were sharing imo shouldn't be on him. He should try his best to uphold the law but unless they can prove he willfully promoted the sharing of illegal files, then I don't see what the issue is

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I really don't see the case against him here. All he did was provide a platform to facilitate file sharing. What ppl were sharing imo shouldn't be on him. He should try his best to uphold the law but unless they can prove he willfully promoted the sharing of illegal files, then I don't see what the issue is

That's precisely the basis of the charges against him.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
I think the point was to slow him down more so than stop him. The case against MU disrupted one of the go to services for acquiring "discounted" goods and services.

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I think the point was to slow him down more so than stop him. The case against MU disrupted one of the go to services for acquiring "discounted" goods and services.

He's back now, though, and MEGA is even faster and better than MU was. It's only a matter of time before it grows again. The thing is, the file hosts have begun to proliferate again. It's not like it was in the golden era of downloading, but bet I can find any tv show for free 10 minutes after it finishes airing.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
They're probably scared that it's too good to be true and it'll be taken away again, or that it's under more serious surveillance than other file hosts and that they'll be caught more easily (assuming they are up/downloading illegal files.)
Yup its the fear keeping people away but I am seeing more and more MEGA links everyday now...People are realizing this shyt is legit and because everything is encrypted there is no accountability to worry about...The technology behind MEGA is truly game changing...

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
That's precisely the basis of the charges against him.
I know this and what Im saying is, he shouldn't be in trouble for other ppl misusing his platform. If that's the case eBay, paypal, and Amazon's CEO's need to be trialed as well for as much counterfeit/black market shyt that was and still is sold on their sites