US hospitals are so overloaded that one ER called 911 on itself

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Not in Canada they can’t. Flu vaccine was a suggestion never mandatory in Canada.

See this is this issue…you can’t tell your healthcare personnel to effectively fukk off with zero means of replacing them and then cry about hospital loads. COVID was around for almost a year before the Pfizer vaccine was approved. I can’t tell you how many workers refused vaccination but it’s a real issue of contention up here. There simply aren’t enough nurses.

Lol @ deadliest virus in human history. I swear some of y’all act like it’s the bubonic plague.
shyt, i meant to say *in recent* human history. :snoop:

over a million people died and even tens of millions are living with life long ailments.:gucci:

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I feel that breh. I really do, but a someone who’s had COVID twice (once pre vaxxed and once post) we need to accept that COVID is endemic and until they can produce a properly trialed and universally recognized safe vaccine people are going to have reservations. We need to start focusing on lifestyle changes. Diet, exercise, proper supplementation. I haven’t seen anyone focus on that, it’s just “stay boosted y’all”.

Or ask their doctor who presumably knows. The people that didn’t take covid seriously aren’t taking the flu or RSV seriously either and led to where we are today. The ER as primary care.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Pediatric ERs/floors are full. And it cost 10 grand + to transport a patient across state lines due to no rooms in hospitals……I love this country

the artist known az

Hail the victors
Daps
Reppin
TSC FA' Life #ByrdGang
This is more or less the same story in Britain

I was gonna say different reasons but it all boils down to stupid people being loud and wrong. England decision for Brexit is really fukking them up. Here they let the stupid people politicize COVID. Healthcare workers crying on TV begging people to get the vaccine and wear a mask. That left a bad taste in their mouths and I can't blame them

bnew

Veteran
Daps
I feel that breh. I really do, but a someone who’s had COVID twice (once pre vaxxed and once post) we need to accept that COVID is endemic and until they can produce a properly trialed and universally recognized safe vaccine people are going to have reservations. We need to start focusing on lifestyle changes. Diet, exercise, proper supplementation. I haven’t seen anyone focus on that, it’s just “stay boosted y’all”.
we have universally recognized flu vaccines and people still have reservations. :comeon:

society shouldn't be held back by superstitious ill-informed curmudgeons.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
How would a doctor know if a vaccine is safe? Not only that a risky vaccine that offers very little protection. Less than two weeks after my second initial dose I was in the ER with atrial fibrillation. People got the FLU and RSV decades before COVID existed and guess what? Hospitals were full of sick people. No one was losing their minds then. :yeshrug:

Cool, if modern medicine is bullshyt, don’t use ER primary care. I hope all of the anti vax population takes your lead. Relief.

franknitty711

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
You do realize the crowding is all BS in most cases. Plenty of beds, not enough staffing and that is also on the hospitals who cut costs and run the hospital with just enough resources.

Here in Cali everyone was falling for that media BS but because of union agreements with the California Nursing Association with staffing ratios.

I swear everything in the media is spin nowadays with an agenda attached.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
No, you need to accept that due to human diversity, there will NEVER be a vaccine that is 100% 'safe' for 100% of humanity and that those with reservations don't care about anyone but themselves.

Hell, aspirin kills 3,000 people a year, has been 'properly trialed' for over 100 years, and is 'universally' recognized as 'safe'.

Anti-Vaxxers are not rational.

They are selfish.

I am not calling you an Anti-Vaxxer, but what I highlighted from your post is one of their talking-points that has been thoroughly refuted.​

Mega

Superstar
Daps
And yet another reason why a mask has become a permanent part of my attire in public.

I HATE being in hospitals.
Same here. Ever since I was little kid it freaked me out going to the hospital.
A place where new life begins and also where someone is taking their last breath.
Alpha and Omega.