"US" MOVIE - SPOILERSSSSSS!!! (Jordan Peele Interview/Left Out Mythology On Purpose)

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
'Us': Jordan Peele Has a Secret Backstory for the Tethered

Peele deliberately is holding back much of what he himself knows about the backstory of The Tethered, the red-wearing doppelgangers who torment a family led by Lupita Nyong'o and Winston Duke.

For those of us who have a lot of unanswered questions about the mythology of US & THE TETHERED, Jordan Peele in this interview admits he left a lot of the mythology out on purpose.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
'Us': Jordan Peele Has a Secret Backstory for the Tethered

Peele deliberately is holding back much of what he himself knows about the backstory of The Tethered, the red-wearing doppelgangers who torment a family led by Lupita Nyong'o and Winston Duke.

For those of us who have a lot of unanswered questions about the mythology of US & THE TETHERED, Jordan Peele in this interview admits he left a lot of the mythology out on purpose.
Put that shyt on the Blu-Ray as a bonus, Peele. :feedme: There's still plenty for us to 'interpret' but the streets need some info.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
So he openly admits he left stuff out. And it seems he just wants the viewer to interpret the movie..
This happens a lot to be fair. I forget the movie (it may have been Inglorious b*stards) but all of the American soldiers had very extensive background stories fleshed out for them, even down to the meanings behind their tattoos and stuff like that. Same in Aliens by James Cameron. Drake and Vasquez for example grew up in a group home together and were abused. There was a backstory why Hicks had a padlock over a heart drawing on his body armor.

I'm just saying that a lot of directors and actors come up with lots of information about their characters or events/plot-points in the films that never come close to being revealed in the actual movie.

if you think about it, it'd be dumb for Peele to not come up with a pretty extensive back-story for the Tethered, how they got there, and lots of other logistics. Then from there he can choose what to leave in and what to omit.

personally, I dug the movie but I wish that he'd chosen to either explain more, or leave out a lot of what was explained. If he wanted to go the interpretation route I sort of wish he'd have left almost everything unexplained.

:manny: