USA Today says pedophiles are misunderstood

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
Another room temperature IQ poster. Damn I’m happy I’m not this simple of a human. Read the garbage you just wrote. Some of y’all are just legitimately crazy as fukk

If the idea of pushing something that could help identify and treat pedophilia early on in order to protect children bothers you should probably look in the mirror and ask yourself why that is
Ain’t no treating that level of depravity. Get rid of them. Let me guess you wanna undergo treatment for that?

Daps
Reppin
404/678/770 тσ 702
:scust: its a lot of pedo sympathizers in here :scust:

“the coli not ready for this discussion:troll:
“Yall not grown enough to talk about this seriously:troll:

what are we supposed to be talking about seriously in here :martin: why some yall defending this :martin:

pedophilia is rape. What the fukk did you just type?

Man, I'm sayin'!!!

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
You're supposed to like the other sex. 2 men can't have kids and 2 women can't have kids. People try to make this gay shyt normal but it's not. There's something wrong with you.
What precisely is wrong with a gay person?

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
Most of them christians were closeted gays or pedos themselves. They told on themselves. Hell look at all the republicans caught in the act

Receipts that most Christians are gay or pedos?

Cn0jzF0.gif

Black people are the most religious group in America. The overwhelming are Christians

Are you claiming that most Black people are pedophiles?:gucci:

:mjpls:

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
The problem with victim narratives is they tend to be passive, they simply describe how something is happening to someone. While there was a shift in the 60's/70's where victim narratives became celebrated, the victim now considered noble for having endured, what moves humans is active behavior.

It's feeling vs. thinking. Victim narratives focus on feeling and illiciting surface emotion, but that doesn't move the needle. No one cares unless there is some insight into the human condition.

The reason texts like Gulag Archipelago or Man's Search for Meaning endure is because they explore the deep psychological conditions of "victims" and the pathological nature of societies which allow for such victimization to occur.

This actually gets into a deeper issue, which, in part, is what the article advocates exploring. There is often a huge delta between what humans claim to think/care about and what we actually think about and prioritize. We often hide or sublimate our true desires behind moral posturing (you'll see plenty of it in this thread) out of fear of being ostracized or judged.
I don't agree on the fact the fact that victim narratives are passive, if I understood correctly what you meant by that. I think the #metoo movement illustrated that victim narratives can be incredibly powerful in changing the discourse on the topic, as well as seeking justice for those wronged and protecting the most at risks going forward. This is truly moving the needle.