Utah teenager falls to death while taking photos with buddies on edge of canyon cliff: ‘Doing what he loved’

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC

A Utah teenager plunged hundreds of feet to his death when he stopped to take photos with buddies at a scenic overlook and fell over the edge, according to officials.

Thrill-seeking 19-year-old Jonathan Fielding died Saturday in what authorities believe was an accident while he was hiking near Moonscape Overlook, KUTV reported.

Advertisement
Fielding, an avid photographer, and two friends went to take pics near the edge of a cliff when Fielding lost his footing on shaky ground and went over the canyon edge as he attempted to find a better vantage point, the Wayne County Sheriff’s Office, per the station, and family said.

Fielding recently moved to the Beehive State from Missouri where he began a new job.

“He found an enormous group of friends and a group of support,” family friend Connor Parry told the outlet. “He was a special kid, and it’s important to keep that energy and that smile he brought to every conversation.”

Jonathan Fielding tragically died on Saturday.

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That’s gotta be an insane feeling. you just chilling with your boys and one decides to take a picture on the edge of a cliff and you see him slip and fall over the edge. That’s something that’ll keep you up at night for the rest of your life

DaKidFromNoWhere

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Tar Heel State
I shoot as a hobby sometimes and I don't be trying to put myself in situations where I can hurt myself.
No matter how good the shot looks in my head.