Vent & Discussion: What Will it Take for Referees to Stop Blowing Calls in College Football Games?

QuintessentialBM

GoldenAgeGamer82 - PSN ID
Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
The amount of game/season-changing blown calls in college football games today is astounding and seems to be increasing with each passing season. The ACC Championship Game is a pristine example of the type of incompetence I'm venting about and the motivation for this thread. North Carolina was ROBBED of an opportunity to send that game, at least, into overtime, and possibly winning an ACC Championship along(and a pretty good argument for a playoff spot). Instead, the ACC refs gave Clemson the ACC title and secured their place in the CFB playoff, undeservingly. There should be harsh consequences and reprecussions for egregious errors like this, and IMO, results should either be changed or the game needs to be replayed with a different ref crew. No amount empty apologies will give solace to the players and coaches of the team on the wrong side of blatantly bad call that has monumental consequences. What makes this even more outrageous is the fact that more than a few media personalites on ESPN cracked jokes about how bad North Carolina got "jobbed" and how the CFB committee got let off the hook.

Michigan State was fortunate to overcome a bad call would have costed them a spot inthe CFB playoff, but other teams weren't as lucky as them. Duke had their season derailed by a fluke KR that had multiple missed penalties and a ball carrier that should have been ruled down and the game deemed officially over. That heartbreaking loss would have affected any team. I believe that game had a psychological effect that Duke carried into the subsequent match, which they ended up losing as well. I'm sure Duke would have landed a better bowl than the "Poinsettia Bowl."

I'm sorry (not sorry), but crew suspensions isn't enough for the amount of damage done by these decisions. Only once(in my lifetime) has a crew ever been fired for blowing calls that affected the outcome of a game.... ironically, my Oklahoma Sooners got jobbed against Oregon at Autzen in 2006 where the Pac-12 officials blew two calls in one play that should given the Sooners the ball to preserve the win.... even had the booth official review the play...... and THEY STILL GAVE THE BALL TO OREGON!

They still aren't sorry either....

This shyt has to end... like now.