VICK Returns to the GA Dome- Wearing His Own ThrowBack..Gets STANDING OVATION

Daps
This was the Falcons LAST EVER Regular Season Game in the GA DOME (last EVER game there will be Divisional Playoffs in 2 weeks ***UNLESS DAL loses in the divisional round and ATL wins- the NFCCG would be played in the Dome***) Before Falcons move into the new Mercedez Benz Stadium next season. GA Dome was constructed in 1992, But its STILL the House that Vick built :banderas:

Before the Game...

download-94-578x368.png

HALFTIME:

imrs.php

:mjcry::wow:

:wow:

"That's my Quarterback" :to:

Sunday marked the final regular season game for the Falcons at the Georgia Dome, their home since 1992 that is set to be replaced next by a new stadium currently under construction. To commemorate the occasion, the team invited a number of former stars to the game, and its one-time superstar quarterback, Michael Vick, earned easily the loudest roar from the crowd.

During a halftime ceremony as Atlanta took on New Orleans, Vick rode onto the field in an open convertible, accompanied by former wide receiver Roddy White, to a huge ovation. Clips of Vick’s exploits in a Falcons uniform played on the stadium’s video monitor as fans cheered.

Vick was picked No. 1 overall by the Falcons in 2001, and he went on to represent the team in three Pro Bowls and take it to the 2004 NFC championship game, all while carving out a reputation as one of the NFL’s most exciting players. However, his career in Atlanta came to an abrupt halt when he was convicted of federal charges of running a dogfighting ring; he missed the 2007 and 2008 seasons while serving time in prison, then made his return with the Eagles.

Almost 30,000 people signed an online petition asking the Falcons not to invite Vick to the Georgia Dome’s farewell ceremonies, because of his involvement with dogfighting. But the team went ahead with it, and Vick said he was grateful for the support.

“I think at some point in your life, you have to forgive,” Vick told reporters before the game, a 38-32 Falcons win (via ESPN). “I’m just thankful there’s a handful of people, a lot of people here in this organization, in this city — I come and go all the time through the Atlanta airport — there’s a lot of people who have forgave me and given me another opportunity to show a different side of myself. That’s the candid part that I think people really start to exert.”

“I’m just thankful that I’ve got a lot of supporters, man, and that’s all you can ask for. And I appreciate those people with the utmost humility.”

Sports Break newsletter

National sports news, in your inbox daily.

“Mike obviously has a great history with us, a great history with the franchise, an important player in our history,” Falcons owner Arthur Blank said (via the Associated Press). “So we wanted him to attend today and we’re glad he did. Michael represented an important part of my ownership period, an important part of our franchise. I think our fans, based on the response I saw and felt, I think our fans were excited to have him as well.”

The 36-year-old Vick still has not retired, although he was not signed by any team in 2016. He last played for the Steelers in 2015, following a one-year stint with the Jets in which he played ineffectively in 10 appearances and three starts.

Vick recently told the Atlanta Journal Constitution that he wants to retire with the Falcons. “That would be awesome,” he said. “I think that would close out my story and connection with that franchise for what I was able to accomplish in six years. Not by myself, but the entire organization.

“With the city, the respect and the love was all there. It was genuine. When I think about my career and what I’m identified with, it is the Atlanta Falcons. … maybe there are some conversations that need to be had. I look forward to it because that’s what’s dear in my heart.”

“It was all good,” White said of Sunday’s ceremony. “I’m glad they did something to recognize the work we put in. This is home. Mike started here. We’re all a family together.”

The Prodigal Son has returned :blessed:

Last edited:

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
boy do I love to see cac's petitions fail horribly :mjlol:

them cacs who started that shyt were prolly just trailor trash racists that couldn't even afford to be there

:salute: to Michael Vick tho

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
lol all because he fought some dogs. You'd think her murdered and rape women and children the way the media tried to destroy him. I say this as a dog lover, it was wrong, but :stopitslime: at trying to make him out to be the second coming of Satan because of it :hhh:

Daps
boy do I love to see cac's petitions fail horribly :mjlol:

them cacs who started that shyt were prolly just trailor trash racists that couldn't even afford to be there

:salute: to Michael Vick tho

lol. i guarantee wasnt one season ticket holder (aka the ppl who matter) who signed that petition. :mjlol:

cac tears >>>>>> :mjlol:

Last edited:
Daps
:umad:@ that petition Vick being welcome back with open arms :umad:@ the haters. Give Vick in his prime julio jones:damn::damn::damn::damn:

:mjcry::wow:

vick had an elite run game with himself, Dunn and Duckett but never had a good receiver..his best "WR" was TE Crump..and only had Roddy White before he had developed

Last edited:

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Give standing ovation to players that couldn't deliver your city a ring breh

Daps
Give standing ovation to players that couldn't deliver your city a ring breh

Mr210- live in a city where you dont even have a chance at a Lombardi- because you cant afford a football team :mjlol:

at least u can travel to Mexico city once every 2 years to see the Jagoffs play the Texans aka another team that shunned your city :ehh: