Video: Jeezy Talks About "Seen It All" Says Hov Had Tears In His Eyes When He Wrote His Verse :wow:

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/18/jay-z-tears-seen-it-all_n_5598794.html?ncid=webmail23

Jay Z Brought To Tears While Writing His Verse On Jeezy's 'Seen It All'
The Huffington Post | By Matthew Jacobs
Posted: 07/18/2014 9:36 am EDT Updated: 07/18/2014 9:59 am EDT
Print Article
n-JAY-Z-large570.jpg

Jay Z and Jeezy have become frequent collaborators over the years -- so much so that Jay is comfortable sharing his emotional fragility with the "Soul Survivor" rapper. A verse on their new song, "Seen It All," reflects on a drug smuggle from Jay's young days of selling crack cocaine. Jeezy told MTV that writing the lyrics was emotional for famed rapper.

“We got on the phone and [Jay] was like, ‘Yo, Jeezy, when I was writing the verse I had tears in my eyes, man,’ because it took him so far back to [Brooklyn's Marcy Projects],” he told MTV News. “Every bar in that song was real -- I put my hand on the Bible.”

Some of the tear-stained lyrics in question include "Uncle died on the spot / Pop killed the family with heroin shots" and "I got ‘em 5 grand a pop / I had a plug in Saint Thomas on a trillion watts / Flew him back to the States, park 92 bricks in front of 560 State / Now the Nets a stone throw from where I used to throw bricks." The rapper's verse includes references to Emory Jones, who ran the Maryland cocaine ring with which Jay Z associated, and asserts that "N----s can’t tell me shyt about this dope game / 'Bout this cocaine, man, I done seen it all."

this nikka Jigga mane :snoop:

DontEemTry

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Most rappers recycle the same themes though.

Drake always rappin bout how he, women or his friends have changed since he got on.
Nas always tawmbout the hood back in the day.
Kiss still aint run out of food colors that his whip be

I mean, you find your lane and you stick with it I guess :yeshrug: