Video: Should you follow your Passion or Aptitude?

Which should you follow?

• Aptitude

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Passion

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Giselle

Daps
Jay-Z's passion is drug dealing and basketball

But his aptitude is rapping and business. So he instead made these his life's work. And carried his passions with him. So what does he normally passionately rap about? Drugs and sports :sas2:
You have it wrong.

His passion is fame (music),power/being on top, and money.

He used drugs and people to get to pay for his passion until his passions could pay for themselves.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
You have it wrong.

His passion is fame (music),power/being on top, and money.

He used drugs and people to get to pay for his passion until his passions could pay for themselves.

Fame and money isn't a passion :francis:

Passion is something you do, an activity you love, something you would do if money or a reciprocal reward wasn't involved

Aptitude is something you're biologically and innately good at, talent. Whether you are interested in that or not

Personally, I don't think music is his passion. His aptitude is music though, which is why he chose to continue to do it :yeshrug:

Giselle

Daps

Passion is something you do, an activity you love, something you would do if money or a reciprocal reward wasn't involved

Aptitude is something you're biologically and innately good at, talent. Whether you are interested in that or not

Personally, I don't think music is his passion. His aptitude is music though, which is why he chose to continue to do it :yeshrug:
He loves being powerful (famous) and rich. A strong desire or obsession for something is a passion. Maybe you should google what passions are because it doesn't seem like you understand.

You are right, music is not is passion. He used it to get to what he is passionate about which is fame, money and power.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
He loves being powerful (famous) and rich. A strong desire or obsession for something is a passion. Maybe you should google what passions are because it doesn't seem like you understand.

You are right, music is not is passion. He used it to get to what he is passionate about which is fame, money and power.

I think you're confusing Passion with "Passionately" wanting something

I can passionately love chocolate, the beach, my favorite TV show

I'm talking about Passion vs Aptitude in regards to a career. Sounds like you didn't understand the premise of the thread or watch the video and started commenting :russ:

Giselle

Daps

I think you're confusing Passion with "Passionately" wanting something

I can passionately love chocolate, the beach, my favorite TV show

I'm talking about Passion vs Aptitude in regards to a career. Sounds like you didn't understand the premise of the thread or watch the video and started commenting :russ:

A passion is a noun, not a verb. You are the one who has it wrong. If you google what a passion is, you will not see your definition anywhere.
Passion is a very strong feeling about a person or thing. Passion is an intense emotion, a compelling enthusiasm or desire for something.
pas·sion
ˈpaSHən/
noun
noun: passion; plural noun: passions; noun: Passion; noun: the Passion
  1. 1.
    strong and barely controllable emotion.
    "a man of impetuous passion"
  2. 2.
    the suffering and death of Jesus.
    "meditations on the Passion of Christ"
    synonyms: crucifixion, suffering, agony, martyrdom
    "the Passion of Christ"
    • a narrative of the Passion from any of the Gospels.
    • a musical setting of any of the narratives of the Passion.
      "an aria from Bach's St. Matthew Passion"

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
A passion is a noun, not a verb. You are the one who has it wrong. If you google what a passion is, you will not see your definition anywhere.

You have no idea the premise of the thread or watched the video, and just keep commenting. This further proves it. You're hilarious :laff::laff::laff::laff:

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
now that i'm a little older and stuck in this job shyt, trying to follow a passion...passion all the way. Of course it's some white man with a cool job telling people to be miserable. "YOU follow aptitude, but not me". The problem is, if you use that american idol example from the video, many people who audition for american idol at the beginning aren't passionate about singing, they just want to be famous. The passionate people take singing lessons, have actually performed in some capacity before on smaller levels, etc...A corny but relevant example of following a passion would be pro wrestlers that make it to WWE. If you look back at them on day 1 or day the end of year 1, they look like bums, then you have some that end up being The Rock or Storm Front Steve Austin. Imagine somebody telling the Rock "nah son go work at an Amazon warehohuse".

TL15

Veteran
Daps
watched the video... I agree and disagree

The video should be called "Passion vs Opportunity" not aptitude. The example of the septic tank cleaner wasn't a good example of "aptitude". That man isn't inherently good at cleaning septic tanks, he found an opportunity to make money and exploited it until he became obsessed with the work and started to make good money. It's not a "skill he was good at innately" but rather a wide open opportunity that he exploited and learned.

I think Passion vs. Aptitude (though) is only 100% true in two cases: 1 if money is your motivation, 2 if your passion is inherently risky/ low chance of actually achieving the goal.

If money is your motivation, find the best possible avenue for you to make the most money possible (septic tank cleaner)
If your "passion" is to be an NFL player and you don't get any college scholarship offers after your senior year, continue to pursue it but have a backup plan.

However, if your passion is to be a teacher (not money motivated, not risky) then by all means pursue your passion. Many people have passion for non-risky careers (broadcasting, journalism, programming, engineering, etc.) and so there is nothing wrong with pursuing those passions as a way to find a fulfilling career

:camby: if you're telling me to learn a skilled trade when I want to be an accountant though.