Vince Carter does a between the legs dunk at AGE 40

JahBuhLun

Graphic Alchemist
Daps
I would love for Sports Science to breakdown what gives people those type of hops. What gives Vince such a distinct jumping advantage over someone like Draymond Green?

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
:usure:

Where?

Has Vince ever gone to a team and they actually improved?
The Nets.

That video is super overproduced, but the fact remains. Vince in his prime/late prime when he first arrived to the nets was no joke. He is a hall of famer breh. The Nets were basically dead in the water and as soon as he got there the Nets took off to make the playoffs that very first year.

Last edited:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The Nets.

That video is super overproduced, but the fact remains. Vince in his prime/late prime when he first arrived to the nets was no joke. He is a hall of famer breh. The Nets were basically dead in the water and as soon as he got there the Nets took off to make the playoffs that very first year.

Before Vince got there they were in the Finals and ECF. Before he got to Orlando they were in the Finals. Not saying Vince made them worse but that's facts.

CHERUB

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Vince got the most graceful gather and takeoff on a dunk attempt behind MJ. Its like as soon as u see that 1 hard dribble that drop step shht gon get crazy..

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Before Vince got there they were in the Finals and ECF. Before he got to Orlando they were in the Finals. Not saying Vince made them worse but that's facts.
The Nets were on fumes at that point and were 13-24 that very season. They needed a trade to keep them relevant or they were on their way to a 50 loss season breh.

Let's not get crazy, the nets were on their way down without Vince.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't want niccas thinking I'm comparing myself to any NBA player, let alone Vince, but check it out...

When you get older and stay in reasonable shape it's not that you lose your athleticism as much as it's your ability to recover. I'm 6'2 and I can still bang at 36, but if I run full court for 3-4 hours on Saturday my legs will be done if I tried to ball on Sunday or Monday. When I was a kid and in my 20's I could ball every single day and my legs always felt good. When you get in your 30's you start having a few days where you feel bouncy and a lot of days where you have nothing.

That's just the reality of getting old brehs.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
This is where the minutes vs age conversation comes into play for me.

Lebron has played 8000 more mintues during his career than Vince so far. That's why MJ coming back at 38 wasn't really that bad for him. He hadn't really played that much at his age vs a Kobe/KG/Bron at the same age.

Vince's health is probably amazing for a 40 year old athlete.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
This is where the minutes vs age conversation comes into play for me.

Lebron has played 8000 more mintues during his career than Vince so far. That's why MJ coming back at 38 wasn't really that bad for him. He hadn't really played that much at his age vs a Kobe/KG/Bron at the same age.

Vince's health is probably amazing for a 40 year old athlete.

1. MJ COMING BACK WAS BAD FOR HIM...
THAT BREAK AT THAT AGE IS THE WORST.
ITS BEST TO CONTINUE PLAYING
AND STAY IN TIP TOP SHAPE.

YOU LOSE YOUR ATHLETICISM WHEN YOU STOP COMPETING AT THAT AGE.

THATS THE BIGGEST REASON KOBE FELL OFF.
IT WASNT THE INJURIES...
IT WAS ALL THE TIME HE MISSED DUE TO THE INJURIES.

ROSE IS FINALLY STARTING TO ROUND INTO FORM AFTER MISSING 2 YEARS.

2. VINCE SUCKS AND HAS FOR THE LAST 3 SEASONS
SO AGE STILL MATTERS.
:devil:
:evil: