Vince Staples - Blue Suede

Guess Who

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Vince Staples probably my favourite new rapper, but I ain't really feeling this shyt. I feel like all his verses the past 3-4 months have been him trying a new style he hasn't perfected yet instead of sticking to that gritty raw lost child "I-hate-my-upbringing" gangster shyt he was on before. He hasn't been as compelling.

N.J.stan

RIP Mac Miller
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Vince Staples probably my favourite new rapper, but I ain't really feeling this shyt. I feel like all his verses the past 3-4 months have been him trying a new style he hasn't perfected yet instead of sticking to that gritty raw lost child "I-hate-my-upbringing" gangster shyt he was on before. He hasn't been as compelling.
/thread:sas2:

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps

his voice sounds pitched down on this but i read somehwere hes changing his style cause he cant perform certain songs on stage with that emo flow

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Last edited:

Kitsune

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
why cant nikkas just find a style and run with it, dude found his niche on his first mixtape, that dark laid back downtempo styled production suited his style and voice perfectly and after that it was never to be seen or heard from again

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
why cant nikkas just find a style and run with it, dude found his niche on his first mixtape, that dark laid back downtempo styled production suited his style and voice perfectly and after that it was never to be seen or heard from again
shyt has changed for him since then tho. He's signed to Def Jam now so you know they telling him how to be more marketable.
His music ever since then sounds like he's trying to develop a more definitive "West Coast Gangster Rapper" sound.

Juanito

Pro
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Sounds like the yung gawd is looking to diversify his sound to accomidate his performance game. Them slow darker songs are my shyt too but he needs songs like this to get nikkas hype. shyt is a definite banger :banderas:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
he said himself he needed more hype songs for performances :what: do yall even think about that type of stuff? or yall just think he only exists in ya headphones and he doesn't have to rap this shyt on a stage at some point and time?

im all for laid back shyt but if you've ever been to a show by someone who raps like that then you'd know shyt is :sleep: status when performed live

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps

Nah his old shyt was lethargic and not as consciously aware

Guess Who

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah his old shyt was lethargic and not as consciously aware
I feel his old shyt painted better pictures of his mindset and how he sees the world and himself as generally fukked up. I feel his new shyt is him *trying* to send a message whereas his old shyt just naturally sent that message.

I ain't saying not to change up the flow. That's cool. I'm more disappointed that he changed his writing style. It's less descriptive, less metaphorical, less allegorical. He can pull off the upbeat flow while still being compelling, like he did on his feature with Boldy James, or on any of his features with that latino nikka from his crew.

I say all this having literally heard every single Vince Staples verse on the internet. Every. Single. One.

The nikka also need to pick better beats.

Daps
Reppin
Catch me in the safari zone
I feel his old shyt painted better pictures of his mindset and how he sees the world and himself as generally fukked up. I feel his new shyt is him *trying* to send a message whereas his old shyt just naturally sent that message.

I ain't saying not to change up the flow. That's cool. I'm more disappointed that he changed his writing style. It's less descriptive, less metaphorical, less allegorical. He can pull off the upbeat flow while still being compelling, like he did on his feature with Boldy James, or on any of his features with that latino nikka from his crew.

I say all this having literally heard every single Vince Staples verse on the internet. Every. Single. One.

The nikka also need to pick better beats.
He just turned into the average wannabe gangsta rapper...
It happens with all of them when they go mainstream :yeshrug:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps

Nah breh his old style was too try hard gang banging stories without a forward conscious message and put a nikka to sleep