Viola Davis in Talks to Star in ‘Peacemaker’ Spinoff at HBO Max

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I say roll with it. Let them have a Gunnverse building off Suicide Squad. A goofier and more violent arrowverse.

Get Margot/Harley in for some cameos

I been saying that HBO should hand over the DCU to james gunn off the strength of the suicide squad and peacemaker thus far.

only thing is would he still have time for guardians of the galaxy tho.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
They could use how Peacemaker ended to do an adaptation of the "Dead Issue' story from the OG Suicide Squad comic where the Squad was exposed and Waller was going to lose everything so she did one last off book mission with specific members of the Suicide Squad to take out some voodoo drug kingpins who had been a pain in her ass for a while.
At the end of it the voodoo drug kingpins all got murdered, Waller deactivated the brain bombs in the Squad members who helped her and let them go, and at the end of the story Waller went to jail for all the shady shyt she had done as head of Task Force X.

Just change the voodoo drug kingpins to something less stupid and the basic concept would work: Waller feels the walls closing in on her with her daughter's revelations so she goes scorched earth to settle a score/close the book on a final mission before she ends up in cuffs.

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Waller probably works better as an HBO max series than a suicide squad movie.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Vigilante is the only character I can be interested in for a spin off, not really trying to get a show based on Amanda Waller since she is technically the one running the show in the movies and shows anyways