Vladimir Putin says Russia's borders 'do not end anywhere'

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
Vladimir Putin says Russia's borders 'do not end anywhere'

Vladimir Putin has said Russia’s borders “do not end anywhere” during a live televised awards ceremony for students in Moscow.

On stage, the Russian president asked a nine-year-old boy: “Where does Russia’s border end?” The child answered “at the Bering Strait with the United States”.

Mr Putin then gave his own answer, adding "it was a joke” to applause and laughter from the audience.

The phrase “Russia’s borders” became a top trend on Twitter within minutes.

Ukraine’s ambassador to Finland responded on social media, writing “Russia’s border ends nowhere” alongside an image of a ruined log cabin.

The event was put on by the Russian geographical society, which is headed by Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu.

In July 2014, Mr Putin promised to defend ethnic Russians wherever they lived during a speech to Foreign Ministry employees.

"I would like to make it clear to all, our country will continue to actively defend the rights of Russians, our compatriots abroad, using the entire range of available means - from political and economic to operations under international humanitarian law and the right of self-defence."

The Russian president’s latest comments come amid rising tensions with Europe.

The EU has just approved a resolution to fight Russian “propaganda warfare”, while Moscow is moving missiles closer to Europe over “concern” about Nato expansion.

:russ: breh wilding :wow:

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
Breh you trying to kill Napoleon out here?

He's gonna come in this thread like
X32bfd.gif

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Pretty sure he was joking. but he does have a habit of "protecting" Russian nationalists in neighboring Baltic states.

Scoop

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Tampa, FL
This breh is an Ugandan from Latvia fighting for the pro-Kremlin side in Ukraine, Putin is sorta right about endless borders, I know a ton of Russophiles

I think the allure of Putin is that he's proud of his country. It sounds like a ridiculous notion, but most of the developed West seems to loathe itself nowadays due to developed world/white guilt. Most of Western and Central Europe plus Canada seems content on being cucky and selling out their national pride and culture. That's not the type of society most people want to live in IMO.

I can't really name another non-communist world power that's truly proud of itself besides the U.S.

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
I think the allure of Putin is that he's proud of his country. It sounds like a ridiculous notion, but most of the developed West seems to loathe itself nowadays due to developed world/white guilt. Most of Western and Central Europe plus Canada seems content on being cucky and selling out their national pride and culture. That's not the type of society most people want to live in IMO.

I can't really name another non-communist world power that's truly proud of itself besides the U.S.

:dahell: are you white? What national pride or culture is Canada not celebrating due to white guilt? Russian nationalism is based on xenophobia and racism thats why Russia has the most NeoNazis... are the rest of Europe cucks because they dont follow that trend?