Vox: The near-certainty of a black depression

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
At this point reparations are the only sensible way to balance the scales.:yeshrug:

Honestly, and I don't say this as someone against reparations, but in terms of median income and economic safety nets, reparations probably only JUST brings black Americans into the picture. My concern is that the structure of American society will wipe out any gains made by reparations in less than a decade.

More needs to change than just reparations. There needs to be a real levelling of the playing field.

Last edited:

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
Honestly, and I don't say this as someone against reparations, but in terms of median income and economic safety nets, reparations probably only JUST brings black Americans into the picture. My concern is that the structure of American society will wipe out any gains made by reparations in less than a decade.

More needs to change than just reparations. There needs to be a real levelling of the playing field.
Depends completely on what form they take...

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
Before this covid crisis started there was reports that by 2050 black wealth will be $0. With this upcoming recession it’s probably gonna speed that up by 2040. shyt is so sad I don’t see how black businesses will survive this. And the govt has all the tools but we know what type of time this government is on. I won’t be surprise we experience what Japan went through the 90s. A lost decade for the 2020s for America. Basically a stagnating recession. The stock market will go up but Main Street barely going by unless policies are passed to address the wealth gap.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Dedicated to those who said Trump would be good for Black people...
Obama ain't do nothing for us :troll:

Trump gave us the lowest Black employment rate ever :troll:

Criminal justice reform :troll:

Cut my taxes :troll:

What did Obama do? He only cared about gays and illegal Mexicans :troll:

:mjlol:

We're screwed brehs :mjcry: