Wait. So if the stimulus with cash is 2tril. then why

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
then why is any American working at ALL this month when...

A. US Gdp for 1 mos. is a little below 2 tril ?

B. GDP = all transactions/labor/ production ?

C. If fed covered all transactions, our rent, food and bills( and bussiness' too) would be paid ?

D. We only need to quarantine 1 mos. for this thing to blow over ?

Just seems like somebody got money they didnt need out of that package.

Last edited:

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Here's 1200:mjgrin:

Pay it back during tax season tho:troll:

Nah, that wouldn’t be so bad. We’re still paying for the 2008 bail out which didn’t even give us cash. This way you get a staycation out of it.

In fact, would you rather die(painfully and miserably) from Corona or just pay 2% more on your taxes for the next 5 years?

A serious quarantine is the only way. Or we just gonna see this thing mutate into something worse while we wait.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I legitimately don't understand your question.

"Why work at all?"

You know how GDP works right?

You know this is a loan right?

You know most jobs don't give people an option to leave for a few months and come back with a job right?

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I legitimately don't understand your question.

"Why work at all?

My point is that there was literally enough money in the packaged to run the country for a month and nobody batted an eye. Somehow everyone ONLY got $1200 dollars out of it !?! They clearly expect you to figure it on your own. Meanwhile, megaCap business get hundreds of billions to add to their balance sheets.

You know this is a loan right?

Yes, it’s a “loan” against the future, just like social security. Got a problem with social security?

And, yes. I know, businesses also get loans in the bill. But grants, loans, one-time cash payments all come from the same printing press. There is no real world origin for any of this. It’s not tied to production.

You know most jobs don't give people an option to leave for a few months and come back with a job right?

Economy basically needs to go on power-saving mode. Those jobs didn’t go anywhere. The needs that prompted the jobs didn’t go anywhere either. Corona will spread if we don’t take these quarantines seriously.

If Suzy is an “essential” employee at the Post office and Joe American is a non-essential worker that mails sh!t from companyA to companyB. When Joe is told that his job spreads Corona and he gets sent home, does Suzy still have a Job?

At the same time, Khalil-Canadian can’t do his job at companyB without Joe’s mail. So no job there either, irregardless of whether the job gave him an option to come back. My point is that it’s inevitable. Italy is just a fast-forward of the states in 3months. So why not send all 3 employees home early, orderly, and on a full stomach?