Wal-Mart wants to send people into your house to stock the fridge when you're not home

Jimi Swagger

I say whatever I think should be said
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB
Trust the quality of people who work at Walmart to enter your home when you're not there, and not rob you brehs

I'm suspicious of granting remote access for home entry, surveillance, and my personal schedule to companies such as Walmart, Google and Amazon. Google's reports an 80% compliance with "government" requests :merchant:; the same government that recently legislated unwarranted entry to personal property in the DC, MD and VA area within WMATA(public transit) jurisdiction with no media attention.

I speculate that the Terms of Agreement for signup is so vague or confusing, people will not understand the universal freedoms they are conceding to the global corporate entities.

I am not worried about below median income service workers - people entrust them to abuse beloved elders in nursing homes daily.

Important documents/valuables should be stored in safe or deposit box and weapons concealed.
And your drugs or contraband. I do not advise keeping shyt in the freezer if you opt for this service - watch some dumb ass gets busted(or possibly framed). I want a 3 reps when it transpires :ufdup: Or when the county kicks in the door for those pet license fees for that unregistered Pit Bull kennel and summons you to court.)
I once was a personal shopper before the days of automation. Day-kwan and 'nem can pilfer to their heart's desire. Insurance covers damages and incidentals. I trust the technology corporations to provide every possible datapoint for all aspect of the lives of American citizens to the US government if this service goes nationwide. The government prosecutes for peer-to-peer sharing (torrents) and forces internet users to a centralized libraries and servers. Tech companies transparency reports (or lack thereof) are sporadic and opaque and signs of the time. I will stop to avoid too much tin-foil rhetoric.

if i ever get so busy where i can't shop for myself i better be making enough money where i can afford a full-time housekeeper.

Personal shoppers are not too pricey and convenient if one lacks transportation or loathes traffic (I-5, 495 and 85 commuters would appreciate). For example, with Whole Foods app users can schedule delivery. The shopper pings the user real-time if an item is unavailable and offer substitutions for missing items (to confirm, reject or suggestions). They have free coupon codes. It's at your door when you want it. Also, it's a good service for disabled people and elders with limited mobility who cannot drive.

Housekeepers are pretty cheap, there some sites you can pay hourly at minimum wage. Or if you are a state with a high concentration of poor Latino population, hire one at regular cost and Latino citizen will bring over their undocumented relatives, a 3-for-1 deal. Less work for them and a good profit.
Your home and landscaping will be impeccable.

Note: I don't do this but know of people who do unfortunately.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
I'm suspicious of granting remote access for home entry, surveillance, and my personal schedule to companies such as Walmart, Google and Amazon. Google's reports an 80% compliance with "government" requests :merchant:; the same government that recently legislated unwarranted entry to personal property in the DC, MD and VA area within WMATA(public transit) jurisdiction with no media attention.

I speculate that the Terms of Agreement for signup is so vague or confusing, people will not understand the universal freedoms they are conceding to the global corporate entities.

I am not worried about below median income service workers - people entrust them to abuse beloved elders in nursing homes daily.

Important documents/valuables should be stored in safe or deposit box and weapons concealed.
And your drugs or contraband. I do not advise keeping shyt in the freezer if you opt for this service - watch some dumb ass gets busted(or possibly framed). I want a 3 reps when it transpires :ufdup: Or when the county kicks in the door for those pet license fees for that unregistered Pit Bull kennel and summons you to court.)
I once was a personal shopper before the days of automation. Day-kwan and 'nem can pilfer to their heart's desire. Insurance covers damages and incidentals. I trust the technology corporations to provide every possible datapoint for all aspect of the lives of American citizens to the US government if this service goes nationwide. The government prosecutes for peer-to-peer sharing (torrents) and forces internet users to a centralized libraries and servers. Tech companies transparency reports (or lack thereof) are sporadic and opaque and signs of the time. I will stop to avoid too much tin-foil rhetoric.

Personal shoppers are not too pricey and convenient if one lacks transportation or loathes traffic (I-5, 495 and 85 commuters would appreciate). For example, with Whole Foods app users can schedule delivery. The shopper pings the user real-time if an item is unavailable and offer substitutions for missing items (to confirm, reject or suggestions). They have free coupon codes. It's at your door when you want it. Also, it's a good service for disabled people and elders with limited mobility who cannot drive.

Housekeepers are pretty cheap, there some sites you can pay hourly at minimum wage. Or if you are a state with a high concentration of poor Latino population, hire one at regular cost and Latino citizen will bring over their undocumented relatives, a 3-for-1 deal. Less work for them and a good profit.

i have a neighborhood publix in walking distance if i choose. and i have no problem with grocery delivery services as i used them, but i'm home when they ring the doorbell. this topic was about walmart employees having complete access to my home. and when i say afford a housekeeper, i'm not talking about some molly maid shyt because i use those services already. i was talking about the kind of monday to friday live in housekeeper that gets a salary. if my job is keeping me so busy then i need to be able to pay someone the kind of underrated wages they get and not feel it.

Daps

Trusting anyone you don't know in your home is a terrible idea.

Jimi Swagger

I say whatever I think should be said
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB
i have a neighborhood publix in walking distance if i choose. and i have no problem with grocery delivery services as i used them, but i'm home when they ring the doorbell. this topic was about walmart employees having complete access to my home. and when i say afford a housekeeper, i'm not talking about some molly maid shyt because i use those services already. i was talking about the kind of monday to friday live in housekeeper that gets a salary. if my job is keeping me so busy then i need to be able to pay someone the kind of underrated wages they get and not feel it.

I replied to your response concerning being too busy to shop for yourself which implies you haven't used those service and don't intend to unless you can afford a housekeeper, hence my reply. The option is there if you are not able mobile or elderly in the future if you don't have family or home health care. The paid housekeeper that desire is essentially a stranger/contractor in your home on payroll and have access to it in the event that you are away since you clarified live-in help with your response. They can case the place and stage robberies in the event that you away. No different from the Wal-Mart shoppers with surveillance.

Trusting anyone you don't know in your home is a terrible idea.
True. I'm amazed by the responses concerning allowing people into their homes and not worried about data mining and unregulated powers. My mind often drifts though.

Aside: I wonder do those shoppers and fridge stockers have union jobs with benefits, preferably Black workers? Can't believe the patent of a Black woman made this all possible.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
I replied to your response concerning being too busy to shop for yourself which implies you haven't used those service and don't intend to unless you can afford a housekeeper, hence my reply. The option is there if you are not able mobile or elderly in the future if you don't have family or home health care. The paid housekeeper that desire is essentially a stranger/contractor in your home on payroll and have access to it in the event that you are away since you clarified live-in help with your response. They can case the place and stage robberies in the event that you away. No different from the Wal-Mart shoppers with surveillance.

True. I'm amazed by the responses concerning allowing people into their homes and not worried about data mining and unregulated powers. My mind often drifts though.

Aside: I wonder do those shoppers and fridge stockers have union jobs with benefits, preferably Black workers? Can't believe the patent of a Black woman made this all possible.
the only implication i intended was to imply i have no interest in some walmart employee coming into my home while i'm not there and stocking the fridge and doing whatever (i'm so busy that a walmart employee has to stock my fridge). molly maid, amazon, instacart, etc ring my doorbell and i answer it, so they aren't in the same class as this bullshyt. and a live in houskeeper that you are paying $30k a year (more in higher COL places) and have all their govt info isn't going to risk their job for a one time theft of my valuables. with the vast number of them employed in america i'm sure there are cases of them doing it, but easily caught as well. there is less risk with a salaried employee.

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
Live in a smart home brehs.
MV5BMTgzMDAyNzY3MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDU0NjgxMQ@@._V1_UY1200_CR16,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

NYChase718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who comes up wit these ideas besides probably some weird sheltered white person who ended up in a corporate position