Walmart closing 63 Sam's Club stores and laying off thousands of workers

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
They nixed the one in BR wow.

They closed the closest to me in Houston, which is at the end of a light rail line, and across from Reliant Stadium.

:mjcry:

Who gone provide my supersize groceries and consumer products in an easily accessible location mayne?!?!? :sadbron:

Dr. Boyce Watkins said build your own shiit, so bout start NWA's Club. Same concept, different direction. You gone get undersized groceriee and consumer goods. Instead of 18 eggs...you getting 6 for same price as 18.

You want 12 poppyseed muffins, how bout 4, and one will be a surprise....for the same price as 12.

:ehh:

Last edited:

Ben.

Heisenbrook
Daps
Reppin
Orlando, FL
Didn't they do the same last year when they raised it up to 10 dollars? This gonna be a yearly thing now of laying off a bunch of ppl and raising the hourly wage

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
2 striking points that's should be noted for this move.

1. They site lack of population growth. Yet people want to kick immigrants out and/or make it harder for them to come into the country.

2. Wealthy people don't shop at Sam's club or Wal-Mart. Middle class families do so again, when they site lack of population growth it's an admission that the middle class isn't growing.

By laying off workers they obviously don't see them as even middle class workers so they don't matter.

Finally..... how else did you think they were going to pay for those pay raises and bonuses. Those tax breaks will be going shareholders and execs. The rest will help build those fulfillment centers.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tax cut at work. More jobs on the way :mjgrin:
theres a lot of terrible posting in here :dead:. this was clearly in the works for a while but dudes are acting like walmart saw the writing on the wall for Sams Club last week, and made this decision yesterday :childplease:

again, i thought we all agreed that walmart is an awful corporation. thats quite the 180 from begging them to stay open to exploit workers and fukk over small business :dwillhuh:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They closed the closest to me in Houston, which is at the end of a light rail line, and across from Reliant Stadium.

:mjcry:
im saying. if this location was doing enough business...they would keep it open. to make money :dwillhuh:

dudes are acting like walmart, the private business, is the government thats obligated to provide a service :laff: this does not equate to shutting down RMVs and post offices. at all