Walmart Is Reportedly Testing a Burger-Flipping Robot

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Walmart Is Reportedly Testing a Burger-Flipping Robot

Flippy is the world's first autonomous robotic kitchen assistant powered by artificial intelligence from Miso Robotics, a two-year-old startup. Flippy got a gig at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles with vending food service company Levy Restaurants, part of Compass Group, to fry up chicken tenders and tater tots. Through the World Series, Flippy churned out 17,000 pounds worth of the fried foods. It's able to fry up to eight baskets of food simultaneously. "Walmart saw what we were doing and said, 'Could you bring Flippy from Dodgers Stadium to our Culinary Institute?'" Miso Robotics CEO David Zito told Yahoo Finance.

In practice, a Walmart associate would place a frozen product on the rack. Using visual recognition technology, Flippy identifies the food in the basket and sets it in the cooking oil. The machine then "agitates" the basket by shaking it to make sure the product cooks evenly. When the food is finished cooking, Flippy moves the basket to the drip rack. An associate then tests the food's internal temperature. A few minutes later, the associate can season the food before it hits the hot display case. The reason Walmart is looking at the robot is so it can do some of the more mundane and repetitive tasks at the deli. The robot is supposed to serve as an "extra set of hands," letting the associate spend less time putting potato wedges and chicken tenders in fryers and more time on other services like taking customer orders and prepping other foods.

Yahoo is now part of Oath

Biggest sack of lies ever told LMAOO...so you mean to tell me a robot that has sophisticated sensors that can identify a food product, pick it up, deposit it in a discrete location, agitate the basket, wait a prescribed amount of time then take it out to a different location won't eventually season/prepare the food?

Matter of of fact they should already be seasoning the food - at least a robot can be made to deposit a specific amount of seasoning over a specific area rather than just hoping that the kid at the fry station who LOVES salty food isnt the one thats going to dump an ounce of salt in your medium fry order.

automation is ready right not to eliminate tens of millions of jobs. The companies are slow walking this as not to scare/anger the people.

McKinsey study suggests automation may wipe out 1/3 of US workforce by 2030 = BASIC INCOME IS COMING

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
regardless the type of job, they all provide something humans need...
self-respect
chance to put food on table
options for hard times
options for getting work/life experience

At some point, all nations need to agree on limiting/stopping the use of robots for certain jobs/industry to ensure jobs are available, just like they "agree" on climate change/no lab designed baby/no cross species breeding
Self-respect shouldn't be determined by corporate profit.

When we attach the idea of self-respect to corporate profits, it starts to lose value and begins to mean nothing but money-making. So you see someone whose entire work consists of nothing but investing their inherited funds, or taking some bullshyt job where they know they ain't doing shyt but twiddling their thumbs at their desk all day, but because they get money it supposedly gives them respect (though you know it ain't real). And if people can find a way to earn a paycheck without actually doing the work, but profiting off of other people (pimping, welfare, slumlords, most of the financial industry, etc.), they jump right into it.

There is a LOT of work that needs to be done that should gain far more respect than flipping damn burgers. For example, fighting for the rights of the Black community. Mentoring the youth. Caring for the elderly. Caring for foster kids. Restoring places where the environment has been destroyed. Creating uplifting music and works of art. Serving in the church.

But a lot of that crap gets neglected because it's not attached to corporate profits.

We need to detach the idea of self-respect from corporate money. No one raised right ever wants to live off welfare. No one raised right wants to be some loafing millionaire who ain't doing shyt with their life but profiting off of others. When families and communities are healthy, people naturally gravitate towards meaningful work so long as they can afford to do so. With the UBI, people wouldn't stop working, they'd just have the space to choose meaningful work instead of bullshyt work.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I went to Walmart to get a dinner plate the other day and I asked for BBQ chicken and the girl at the deli said "Which one is
that?"

:hhh:

after that you Should have went:

tenor.gif

:mjlol:

Daps
so when this idiot loses her job she can go back to school and get some real skills and knowledge and be all the better for it.
In a perfect world maybe but some people are just dull. If you're dull, can't do hard manual labor, AND a robot is taking unskilled labor jobs then what do they do?

Kind of funny how humanities next crisis is already shaping up and we still can't solve our current ones

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest

When we attach the idea of self-respect to corporate profits, it starts to lose value and begins to mean nothing but money-making. So you see someone whose entire work consists of nothing but investing their inherited funds, or taking some bullshyt job where they know they ain't doing shyt but twiddling their thumbs at their desk all day, but because they get money it supposedly gives them respect (though you know it ain't real). And if people can find a way to earn a paycheck without actually doing the work, but profiting off of other people (pimping, welfare, slumlords, most of the financial industry, etc.), they jump right into it.

There is a LOT of work that needs to be done that should gain far more respect than flipping damn burgers. For example, fighting for the rights of the Black community. Mentoring the youth. Caring for the elderly. Caring for foster kids. Restoring places where the environment has been destroyed. Creating uplifting music and works of art. Serving in the church.

But a lot of that crap gets neglected because it's not attached to corporate profits.

We need to detach the idea of self-respect from corporate money. No one raised right ever wants to live off welfare. No one raised right wants to be some loafing millionaire who ain't doing shyt with their life but profiting off of others. When families and communities are healthy, people naturally gravitate towards meaningful work so long as they can afford to do so. With the UBI, people wouldn't stop working, they'd just have the space to choose meaningful work instead of bullshyt work.
smh. I guess when it comes to flipping burgers, the notion of respecting "an honest day's work" don't apply to very judgmental people

What does corporate profit have to do with being able to
provide for your family,
getting a supplemental second/third job,
gaining work experience,
each of these motivations encourage self-respect due to not depending on nobody, not being lazy and it applies to all type of jobs

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
In a perfect world maybe but some people are just dull. If you're dull, can't do hard manual labor, AND a robot is taking unskilled labor jobs then what do they do?

Kind of funny how humanities next crisis is already shaping up and we still can't solve our current ones
well.....only thing left to do is legalize prostitution.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
smh. I guess when it comes to flipping burgers, the notion of respecting "an honest day's work" don't apply to very judgmental people

What does corporate profit have to do with being able to
provide for your family,
getting a supplemental second/third job,
gaining work experience,
each of these motivations encourage self-respect due to not depending on nobody, not being lazy and it applies to all type of jobs
Because the corporations shouldn't be the ones getting to tell you which jobs do those things and which jobs don't.

The vast majority of our workforce is determined by what large corporations say they want you to do, and it's becoming more like that every year as small businesses and real entrepreneurs are drowned out by the megacorporations. (I say "real entrepreneurs", because an Uber driver or a McDonalds franchisee can't step one inch outside the box, they just another cog in a predetermined corporate machine far larger than themselves.)

By your definition, whoever holds the money gets to determine what work has value and what work does not. By my definition, work that engages your mind and body and does good in the world is far more meaningful than drudgework that just providing someone profits. How long can you really flip burgers, a job you could learn in 2 hours, and really feel like you engaging your mind and body in the way God put you on Earth to? I wasn't born so I could just make my brothers in the community fat while Ronald McDonald's pockets fill up.

It didn't used to be this way. Used to be that any free man could work his land or learn a trade and had numerous skills that really produced something. Until the age of assembly lines and sweatshops work used to look a hell of a lot different than it does now. And I ain't gonna :cape: for that corporate-determined way of life.

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
Because the corporations shouldn't be the ones getting to tell you which jobs do those things and which jobs don't.

The vast majority of our workforce is determined by what large corporations say they want you to do, and it's becoming more like that every year as small businesses and real entrepreneurs are drowned out by the megacorporations. (I say "real entrepreneurs", because an Uber driver or a McDonalds franchisee can't step one inch outside the box, they just another cog in a predetermined corporate machine far larger than themselves.)

By your definition, whoever holds the money gets to determine what work has value and what work does not. By my definition, work that engages your mind and body and does good in the world is far more meaningful than drudgework that just providing someone profits. How long can you really flip burgers, a job you could learn in 2 hours, and really feel like you engaging your mind and body in the way God put you on Earth to? I wasn't born so I could just make my brothers in the community fat while Ronald McDonald's pockets fill up.

It didn't used to be this way. Used to be that any free man could work his land or learn a trade and had numerous skills that really produced something. Until the age of assembly lines and sweatshops work used to look a hell of a lot different than it does now. And I ain't gonna :cape: for that corporate-determined way of life.
lol. Complain about corporations determining value in work, while all your post have been telling folks that do certain jobs, they shouldn't feel proud brehs

You're obviously trying to push a narrative about "corporate profit," which makes your argument sloppy and dependent on very loose wordings/stereotypes/types of jobs because notice I reference scenarios/situations/realities that will motivate a responsible person to take action. The results of the actions will determine self-respect/pride

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
lol. Complain about corporations determining value in work, while all your post have been telling folks that do certain jobs, they shouldn't feel proud brehs

You're obviously trying to push a narrative about "corporate profit," which makes your argument sloppy and dependent on very loose wordings/stereotypes/types of jobs because notice I reference scenarios/situations/realities that will motivate a responsible person to take action. The results of the actions will determine self-respect/pride

Yeah, maybe you need to read any of my previous extensive posts about UBI, economic growth, etc. before jumping to misguided conclusions about what I'm trying to push.

I ain't telling no one to do nothing. I ain't never in my life had to tell a brother that there was more he could do with himself than flip burgers. In my experience the job tells them that all on its own.

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
Yeah, maybe you need to read any of my previous extensive posts about UBI, economic growth, etc. before jumping to misguided conclusions about what I'm trying to push.

I ain't telling no one to do nothing. I ain't never in my life had to tell a brother that there was more he could do with himself than flip burgers. In my experience the job tells them that all on its own.

I don't need to read any other post to make my point about you dismissing realities for why all jobs provide self respect, so to rant about corporate profit

these very judgmental and dismissive post of yours is enough to prove my point

Does anyone actually want fast food jobs? Do they benefit humanity?

Really, this should be a good thing - more free time for everyone to pursue things that actually matter in life.

There is a LOT of work that needs to be done that should gain far more respect than flipping damn burgers.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fast food is GOAT first job for teens. Teaches you responsibility (handling people’s food), customer service/communication skills (interacting with public), and ability to work under pressure (must be efficient/able to prioritize).