Was able to finesse a Recruiting job at a firm and will be making substantially more than I make now

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
I had an interview with Ryder for a Driver Recruiter position not too long ago. Went well, I thought.. but got that "we've hired someone else" email smh. Were you able to interview for positions that were primarily remote? I'm a recruiter in an office now, need to make some moves -- over that office life.

What were some of the things that you messed up on during your initial interviews during those 5 months?
Yea same I’m pretty much over the office life too, I’m one day remote. If it was 2 days I would be with it more. All of our tech roles are remote, so I may pivot into that. They prefer to hire internally

As far as mistakes, these are roles I have no experience with so when a candidate asked the intricate details like what’s the duties day to day I have to kind of wing it. Also remembering the org chart of my company.

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
Couple month's in, not bad but I forgot how annoying coming into the office is. I hate to sound like a sociopath but people talk about their kids and family all day 4 days a week. Like fam, I know your whole family by name, and what they ate for dinner Tuesday. I realized I don't like working with women. Literally talk all day about nothing of importance.

Definitely may use this to leverage myself into the IT dept. (Fully remote at my company and they will pay for certs) I hired some people on the tech team too so the HR manager's fukk with me. Just recruited and got somebody on the team for $150k for Sr. Engineer, Architect, Information Tech Operation with a guaranteed another 5k once he completes his CISSIP.
That's not bad at all.

Another thing I don't like is how everyone is sucking off the Lawyers or acting like their boogymen

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
That's the thing. On the HR pov I Can see everyone's salary that's not a lawyer.

The chief DEI officer however makes 500k so I'm pretty sure lawyers are making 200-450+ of that
That’s interesting…. DEI officers are banking more than Lawyers…..

:jbhmm:

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
The thread title said it all, literally been studying for certs and working at my job remotely for most of the year changing my resume around but noticing I wasn't getting any offers or interviews that were talking about any real money. Looked up jobs that pay decently that don't require an advanced degree, spent hours on LinkedIn and Reddit reading books looking at Dei, talent outsourcing, and recruiting resumes, and mirrored mine to look the same. Changed my LinkedIn and I was actually getting hit up daily from jobs. Never done sourcing before ever so I was winging it and learning the interview lingo. After about 16 interviews and 2 being on the verge of offering but not enough money in my opinion, I finally got the hang of ats system's, the questions they would ask in the interview, how to source candidates and how to research candidates.

Had a screening with sed company via phone call, then zoom then spoke with someone else on zoom then an in office interview.

They offered me the job, I negotiated more and I just passed the background check, only negative is its 4 days in the office and one remote and I have to dress business casual which I haven't in 2 years and I lost mad weight (any ideas for best places to cop some beside Uniqlo? that's not too crazy on the bank) and I'm not only the only male, I was the only black man I saw on the floor (the head boss in my dept is a black women)

Before I start, Im obviously gonna do mad research and read books about the industry to prepare myself and I'm not trying to be here for life (maybe it'll give me the push to go to law school) or something but yea I'm gonna try my best and see where this goes. My fallback plan would be tech or something in education but God willing this works so I can at least pah off some debt and save some bread
From what you learned and read, I need to know this. Do recruiters actually read resumes? Because I've had recruiters on LInkedin tell me there is no ATS ROBOT reading your resume. Your resume will get seen by human eyes. Also what do they say about relocation? Do those resumes get rejected asap or do they get read?

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
From what you learned and read, I need to know this. Do recruiters actually read resumes? Because I've had recruiters on LInkedin tell me there is no ATS ROBOT reading your resume. Your resume will get seen by human eyes. Also what do they say about relocation? Do those resumes get rejected asap or do they get read?
It depends. At my company we glance key word glance just because we get so many. So no ats for now. We read resumes from other states and if they are good enough we contact them and ask if they’re open to relocating