Was Alonso Harris really a villain?

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
I agree with you for the most part; I like Alonzo’s character. It’s a dirty game, might as well be good at it.

I’ve watched this movie a lot. Never picked up that the white dude was a former cop. I thought he was a dope dealer trying to get out the game, that Alonzo had on the hook for “taxes”

Retired cop?

Yeah Roger was a former cop, it’s how he got info on Jake and how him and Alonso was so tight, also confirmed by the wikis. I also think he was Alonso’s mentor.

Yeah, I didn't get that vibe at all. Anybody can edit a wiki.

Ehhhh, my interpretation of Roger was that of a drug dealer/CI (a little older than Alonzo) that Alonzo works with similar to the guys in the Jungle and the Mexicans. Since Rodger was a high roller, his tax to operate was high. To take him out would be cutting into a lot of policemen (maybe judges) pockets at the top. So if Alonzo was dead, they wouldn’t have a line on him anyway, that is why they approved his warrant (which is also why Alonzo needed the cash from Sandman)

edit: The wiki makes sense too, but I don’t think it was explained that way in the movie

Roger a cop? I just don’t know about that

Self-explanatory.

There are a lot of men who would snatch the the opportunity to push for primary custody. Dropping the kids off and bouncing for a month provides leverage.

Confirmed here:

1:27
“Them fukking vampires want my pension??!”

Yeah he was a cop

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I think early on in the movie it was debatable whether he was a cop doing good, but had "ways" of getting things done. Kinda like dude on Chicago PD.

But as the movie went on he definitely became the villain.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
When Roger says "they want my pension" he means the drug money he has hidden. Not an actual pension.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
When Roger says "they want my pension" he means the drug money he has hidden. Not an actual pension.
If that was the case why did Alonso said “nah it’s not that serious”. I mean he could’ve said “yes” because he took the stash anyways.