Was Batman vs Superman that bad ?

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
It's worst flaw is that it's boring as all sin. I mean, how do you make a movie with Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman boring?
Yeah it's pretty boring for a good hour almost hour and a half. Just such a serious and dark movie that it gets in it's own way.

Also missed an opportunity with several scenes or not scenes when they chose not to show superman saving lives in the bombing scene(the directors cut only showed him flying down with one person and was still boring)at the same time they leave out the assault on lex Corp where Batman steals the kryptonite which would be been a dope scene too. Just very strange decisions and just a bad screenplay overall.

I still think the doomsday fight is dope af however.

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
So the XMEN apocalypse movie was REALLY good , I actaulty enjoyed it WAYYYYY more than Batman Vs Superman

9.5/10:ehh:

I read jubilee was in the movie but didn't notice :francis:

Edit : I haven't seen a XMEN movie since the first one came out :dead:
:stopitslime: You trolling mad hard breh. X2 and days of future past are the best and I guess first class

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its truly amazing how Civil War and this both had shytty, convoluted awful plots. Only difference is Marvel has capital to do that while DC is just getting off the ground. JL is make or break for them

How exactly is the plot to Civil War convoluted? I don't recall a single person coming away from that film saying they missed certain parts or didn't understand what was going on.

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
How exactly is the plot to Civil War convoluted? I don't recall a single person coming away from that film saying they missed certain parts or didn't understand what was going on.

I thought it was weighed down by too many unnecessary subplots.

Granted the Russos juggled them with care.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought it was weighed down by too many unnecessary subplots.

Granted the Russos juggled them with care.

My main gripe with that movie is the inclusion of Spider-Man not making any sense whatsoever and Zemo's plan was almost as ridiculous as Lex's in Batman V Superman.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps

It was ludicrous and relied too much on insane coincidences that was truly unrealistic even by superhero movie standards from the main villains. You are right tho Civil War didn't have the weird side narratives like bvs

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Its truly amazing how Civil War and this both had shytty, convoluted awful plots. Only difference is Marvel has capital to do that while DC is just getting off the ground. JL is make or break for them

In what way? Every movie they've made has made $300M+ domestic and a ton overseas. Only an idiot would think they are in "trouble"

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
:yeshrug:
Tonally/ Mood wise it was like expecting Fast and Furious and getting Godfather

And classic characterizations were abandoned in favor of the director's personal overall vision

Man of Steel was meant to be a standalone, A nolanized version of superman

When I saw Avengers was coming out a year before it I predicted that they would try to follow marvel's suit and jumpstart a cinematic universe retroactively

They needed someone with a grand vision reminiscent of the comics

but hey even Marvel has it's grand missteps so whatever

It's a great movie, I love deconstruction à la The Matrix + The Godfather

The cinematography has so much articulation and I'm a visual person

It has so much I wish Marvel has

except I don't feel like I'm looking at characters I've known my whole life

and I feel the same way about wonder woman flash cyborg and rocker aquaman

I'm not speaking on the costumes either, anyone can make a costume. It's the energy.

They could at least make the dynamics reminiscent but we ain't gettin that either :yeshrug:

Marvel has the same problem w/ capturing the energy of the character, Chris evans adoped a Clint Eastwood/John wayne vibe for Steve and it's respectable so it gets a pass imo

RDJ did tony right esp in that first flick and he strayed but he made the character his bytch so thumbs up

Nat's had her moments but overall meh, Clint barton doesn't feel like either the 616 or the 1610 verse versions either, could go on and on
But those scripts do a good job of capturing the essence

Character energy is more than the outfit and an Iconic pose

it's the little behavioral ticks and the dynamic with all the secondary characters as well. Both MCU and DCEU studios haven't got that down pat just yet

I'm more focused on my own writing nowadays anyway so :yeshrug:I'm just enjoying the CBM ride

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not the director's cut

I feel many years down the line people will consider that and Man of Steel good movies.