R&B was Justin Timberlakes 20/20 experience all hype?

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
220px-Justin_Timberlake_-_The_2020_Experience.png

i'm not talking about sales and ticket receipts here i'm talking about he actual music itself...

i'm not a fan of JT's music but I'm not a hater either - if he dropped some dope shyt, i'll more than gladly give the man his props and listen to it

but the way they marketed and talked about this album non-stop and literally shoved it down your throat; i haven't really just heard much from this project since about a month or so after it released...

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
If ur listening to Justin Timberlake ur a straight up fakkit and nothing u can say will change my mind

:lolbron: whoa...hold up bruh, ease up off the gas..

i feel you, i don't listen to JT but at the same time, I can see where cats 25 and under would see him as their only real R&B "star" or whatever

sometimes projects are so huge and the response to the music is so great that you can't avoid hearing the songs or just overhearing people talk about the music - latest example would be Adele and obviously michael jackson, prince, snoop etc etc...

just haven't gotten that vibe from this project..it could just be me too though :yeshrug:

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Came and went. Its too bad, but the new Timbo sound is a bit flat and lacks the substance and depth of his older stuff. Same with the Jay album, dope first listen, no replay

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
i thought it was average at best.

that's not good...how many millions in marketing did they do for that album?
he had several target commercials, beer ads, that song was everywhere too

I'm not a fan of this cat and never have been, people swear by him and act like he is on the same level of michael jackson and usher

but i literally haven't heard anybody talk about this album in over a year, not on social media or in the press...

he hasn't even dropped any new singles or videos

FrostBite

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I liked Part 1 when it dropped, but haven't really given it any spins since. It just didn't have the same replay value as FutureSex/LoveSounds. Part 2 sounded like a contractual obligation, which it turns out it was.

volk

Daps
Reppin
LA
Not terrible, but underwhelming. Only memorable song is Strawberrry Bubblegum personally.

Part 2 was not good at all.

Air Nikes N Hats

Poor mans Johnny Football Lifestyle!
Daps
Reppin
SINY!!
Part 1- good, I can understand peoples feelings about the tracks being too long. Thats just what Timbaland does though....

Part 2- thrown in the recycling can bushes after first listen....