Was Kanye wrong for blood on the leaves?

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
YEEZUS is easily one of my favorite albums but I dont know about this song brehs :patrice:

Blood on the leaves by kanye is supposed to be a flip on the song strange fruit. Strange fruit was a powerful song about black ppl being lynched in America. Kanye made his version about amber rose talking to the media about him. The beat goes hard but isnt this inappropriate for the doom and serious nature that the original song was trying to present?

Was blood on the leaves really a good idea?

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
YEEZUS is easily one of my favorite albums but I dont know about this song brehs :patrice:

Blood on the leaves by kanye is supposed to be a flip on the song strange fruit. Strange fruit was a powerful song about black ppl being lynched in America. Kanye made his version about amber rose talking to the media about him. The beat goes hard but isnt this inappropriate for the doom and serious nature that the original song was trying to present?

Was blood on the leaves really a good idea?

he sampled the Nina Simone version

Daps
He's sampled a lot of Nina simone and stuff in general. The sample doesn't dictate the song. We don't even know what people are saying half the time especially with Ye.

Jatigi

Flagrant Hater
Daps
Reppin
The Souf
Look little nikka, KANYE IS A fukkING ARTIST. The only you can ask an artist is "thank you". I'm feeling like Pablo (Escobar) right now, I am NOT about to let you sit here and question the GOD.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Dope fukking song. OP stop complaining.

Kanye could have made a deeper song but he talked about his pain OP.

Last edited: