was Michael a better Godfather then Vito?

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Word, I feel you which is why I think Vito is the better don because ultimately he remained a good man despite actions he's taken. And part of being a good man is taking care of your family and paying attention to them and Michael lacked on all fronts

Right.

"A man that doesn't spend time with his family is no man."

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Right.

"A man that doesn't spend time with his family is no man."

It's one of those things that as a teenager I always sided with Michael but now in my 20s I'm siding with Vito man. There's something to be said for going in that life but still holding on to your soul and ultimately doing it so that your family can eat. Michael did it for himself and for power

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
That was the result of the event that I think made Michael who he was in a lot of ways when his first wife was killed in an assassination attempt meant for him. He always kept people at arms length before that still cared but when he lost her because of his life and family business his heart got colder because he realized that anything he cared about could be taken away if he was in that life. So he tried not to care about anything and the person he did care about in Kay he went overboard trying to protect.

Michael would have been way better off if Apollonia lived. She was made to be a don's wife. It wasn't fair :to:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
did you read the part about plans they had for him in part 4 tho?...

didn't look good for the kid

"Coppola explains that both he and Puzo had envisioned a storyline of which would deal with Vincent's reign as head of the Corleone family. Vincent, in opposition to the morals of his predecessors, was to have heavily involved the family in the drug trade driving the Corleone clan back into corruption and eventual decline. Vincent's story ends with Vincent being hunted down and killed in a manner similar to the death of Colombian drug lord Pablo Escobar, and presumably bringing about the permanent end of the Corleone crime family.

This proposed film, titled The Godfather Part IV or The Godfather: The Final Part, would also have flashbacks to Vito Corleone's early days as a Don, and the childhood days of Sonny, Fredo, Michael and Connie Corleone, when they discover exactly the nature of their father's business. The film would also have portrayed the early days of Tom Hagen, Luca Brasi and Johnny Fontane, and Vito's first meeting with Hyman Roth. According to Coppola, Puzo had composed a rough draft alternating between Vincent's reign as boss and the "Happy Years" of 1926–1939. Leonardo DiCaprio, Luis Guzmán, Ray Liotta, and García himself have all expressed interest in doing this film. However, this project has lain dormant since Puzo's death in 1999."

id give anything to see this movie made and to see it done right.

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
"Coppola explains that both he and Puzo had envisioned a storyline of which would deal with Vincent's reign as head of the Corleone family. Vincent, in opposition to the morals of his predecessors, was to have heavily involved the family in the drug trade driving the Corleone clan back into corruption and eventual decline. Vincent's story ends with Vincent being hunted down and killed in a manner similar to the death of Colombian drug lord Pablo Escobar, and presumably bringing about the permanent end of the Corleone crime family.

This proposed film, titled The Godfather Part IV or The Godfather: The Final Part, would also have flashbacks to Vito Corleone's early days as a Don, and the childhood days of Sonny, Fredo, Michael and Connie Corleone, when they discover exactly the nature of their father's business. The film would also have portrayed the early days of Tom Hagen, Luca Brasi and Johnny Fontane, and Vito's first meeting with Hyman Roth. According to Coppola, Puzo had composed a rough draft alternating between Vincent's reign as boss and the "Happy Years" of 1926–1939. Leonardo DiCaprio, Luis Guzmán, Ray Liotta, and García himself have all expressed interest in doing this film. However, this project has lain dormant since Puzo's death in 1999."

id give anything to see this movie made and to see it done right.

They should have did it. They had 9 years to do it between Puzo's death and Godfather 3.

usopp

Pro
Daps
Reppin
syrup village
The bold is kinda what I got...

I mean, Michael always had his "family" there with him, but he didn't appreciate that they were a family.
Vito, got his "family" because he appreciated people who helped him like family.

Remember - he pretty much lost his whole family when he was 10, and was in a new country all by himself.
So he was loyal to everyone who fucced wit' him...Carmella, Abbandando, Clemenza, Tessio, Tommasino -
he was always lookin' out for his people.

Mike had a sense of family, but it was a general sense we all feel like "don't fucc wit' my family" - off GP.
Mike wasn't trippin' off Vito until niccas tried to kill him.
Mike wasn't really close with Sonny until then, either.
Mike played Connie off like she was bird (she kinda was, but you know).
Mike didn't give a chit about Fredo until he "took sides against the family".
as mentioned, he played Tom off on the reg.
He kept Kay locked up like property niccas best not fucc wit', and he didn't even realize she didn't wanna live like that.

I mean, even when you look at the scene when they're waiting for Vito at the end of 2...
even though he was there physically, it's like he wasn't even "there" in his mind.
So tha family business was more like a career that a priviledged Michael wanted to take to a corporate like level. He took for granted what his father thought was most important :hug:

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Michael was probably a more effective Don, but Vito carried the burden way better. Michael was crushed and consumed by the job. It made him a monster. Vito was still human.

this. in every business measure, mike was better. but mike lost his soul along the way. the very people he wanted to provide for all turned their back on him. or hated him.

vito was no more respectable in terms of what he did for a living. but he was loved. no one loved mike by the end. he died alone.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Michael is just so cold, the older I get the more I appreciate Pacino'(and relate to him Brando/Deniro)s performance - truly the greatest role he has ever played (Part I & II more than III).

I don't think anybody has brought up what to me was just the most gangster thing he did, is when he brought Pentangeli's brother to that court case. In front of all them lawyers, judges, cops, cameras etc. Pentangeli literally went from:russ: :youngsabo::ooh::patrice::whoo::dwillhuh::ohhh::whoa: .

And Mike was :demonic: all the way, ironic that he used somebody's brother to set him straight considering how the movie ends.

Pentangeli,_Senate_hearings.jpg

And then he sent Tom Hagen to talk dude into offing himself :wow:

Olu Dara

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Supporter
Daps
In terms of being beloved and respected, Vito. But in terms of business, Michael by far. By Godfather Part III he was donating hundreds of millions of dollars to charities and shyt. He stayed true to his promise and took the family legitimate ONLY TO BE PULLED BACK IN.

Part 3 :scusthov:

That movie don't exist to me

Lord Piffington

Cacnificent #euswag
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Vito had more heart.. but I truthfully belive that Michael had the stronger and bigger empire to play around with.. and as everyone knows, more money more problems, he had to deal with shyt that vito didnt and I think that made him "ruthless" as yall call it.. than again that fredo bussiness was straight up fukked up.. that was his kids uncle and his own blood

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
The stuff with Michael led to him killing his brother. The whole reason Vito got so wrapped up in that shyt was because they killed his father and brother...even his mother was shown no mercy. Michael turned into a monster..Vito did it more out of necessity after trying to stay on the up and up.