Was The Aeropostale/Hollister/Abercrombie Era The WOAT Fashion Era Among Blacks

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
No. The ed hardy, christian audiger, undershirt long sleeve, chain wallet, swatchy crystal(I know its spelled wrong eat a fat one) jean, "rock star" era was much worse
But that’s when people started wearing fitted clothes

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
I fell off the wagon around 08/09 when I stop following trends and started doing me to be honest. Between 06-09 I had a closet FULL of trues and nudies. Looking back that shyt was a complete waste smh
Nudies a good Jean brand IMO

Grand Cru Boo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk New Yawk
I went through a phase in 01-02 of wearing ambbercrombie and American eagle. It always funny when I look at what I wore then (that would literally get you laughed out the room) to now (where everything is accepted). Same thing with skateboarding. If you was black skating in 98, 99, 2000, you were a clown/lame

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
I went through a phase in 01-02 of wearing ambbercrombie and American eagle. It always funny when I look at what I wore then (that would literally get you laughed out the room) to now (where everything is accepted). Same thing with skateboarding. If you was black skating in 98, 99, 2000, you were a clown/lame

Damn I guess it is true that the south is late on fashion, I went through my American Eagle and Aeropostale phase in the early 2010s :mjlol:

I was on the skinny jeans and snapback wave too but skinny jeans...never again :huhldup:

Maybe I’m wrong but things are balancing out now fashion wise :ehh:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Damn I guess it is true that the south is late on fashion, I went through my American Eagle and Aeropostale phase in the early 2010s :mjlol:

I was on the skinny jeans and snapback wave too but skinny jeans...never again :huhldup:

Maybe I’m wrong but things are balancing out now fashion wise :ehh:
The preppy era was late 00’s/early 10’s you good

Frantz Fanon

Rookie
Daps
Yall remember when nikkas was rocking them colorful hoodies like Lupe/Clipse/Pharrell/Jay?

tumblr_n0kcm0QOCy1rpc1rco1_250.gif

I was kinda close to buying one but luckily I knew that shyt wouldn't be cool the next fall/winter
I didn't wear rockstar shyt or Abercrombie in those days, instead I gravitated to the mid-2000s era of streetwear like this. I still feel the lingering embarrassment to this day of rocking Kid Robot and Artful Dodger hoodies and thinking that shyt was fly lol.