Wasn't giving the NWO equal billing with WCW a lil ridiculous in hindsight?

Daps
Reppin
NYC
wcw___nwo_logo_by_b1uechr1s-d57uq3t.png

i mean was this really necessary?

for those that don't really remember, there was actually a time when the company referred to themselves WCW/NWO... rather than just WCW.

it wasn't WCW starrcade, it was WCW/NWO starrcade.

it wasn't WCW revenge for n64, it was WCW/NWO revenge for n64.

but why???? :why:they were just a faction.

how you gonna just devalue the wcw brand like that??:why:

whats even worse is you watch these documentaries chronicling the fall of wcw... and these idiots (hogan, bischoff, nash)... they brag about it even!

kevin nash: :ufdup:"you know for awhile the nwo was an even hotter brand than the wcw"

hogan: :manny:"the plan was to get over this mega group of bad guys and become even bigger than the company"

bischoff: :myman:"the nwo was getting so big we were thinking about making it it's own promotion."

:mindblown:

why would they do that????

what could WCW possibly have to gain by marketing itself as an inferior brand??? :heh:

the way they let hogan and co. run rough shot over that company is ridiculous.:heh:

it was a hot angle for sure... but to give them equal billing with the company??? could you imagine vince letting them do that?? :heh:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Nope. It got over and made everything seem more believable. It all works out if WCW wins and they are built back up. They just didn't handle the Sting follow up victory or the Goldberg streak correctly.

i dunno... i mean get that it was an "invasion" angle.

they took over all the nitros.

they beat up all the WCW guys.

they even spray painted the belt.

it was a movement. i get that. they were big time.

but to share the bill??? i dunno. that is pushing it imo.

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
agree to an extent. they were dumb to not have the plan be WCW prevails in the end. like it is :mindblown: when you think about it. WCW was the fukking company. they should have had a 2 year nwo/wcw run that ended with a team of Goldberg, Sting, Flair beating a reluctant team of Hogan, Nash, and Hall at Bash at the Beach 1998

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
i dunno... i mean get that it was an "invasion" angle.

they took over all the nitros.

they beat up all the WCW guys.

they even spray painted the belt.

it was a movement. i get that. they were big time.

but to share the bill??? i dunno. that is pushing it imo.

No. It drew. Before? It wasnt. That justifies it...just like that.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Made sense at first when the nWo was like 50% of the roster.... but then when the nWo started to split off into different factions and war with itself then it stop making sense.

but even still... who was on that roster???

you're gonna give them half the marquee cause of scott nortion, brian adams, and horace hogan???

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
like it makes sense to make them a credible threat, to make it real enough to feel like they might take over the company for good. but you had all your top stars saying the company they ACTUALLY worked for sucked. :what:

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
This was why the NWO was so good.

Because it wasn't just a standard wresting stable. It was booked as a rival organization. That's why it never make sense when people complain about having cats like Scott Norton and Vincent as members.....I liked the fact they had foot soldiers in their crew to back up the like's of Hogan and The Outsiders.

Cobratron

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Uncharted territory, breh. nWo at its peak was a hotter brand than WCW, so why not? They legit tried making it a brand of its own (the first Souled Out and nWo Nitro).

Can't remember if there was a kayfabe reason for it or not. I guess because of Bischoff being WCW president.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
This was why the NWO was so good.

Because it wasn't just a standard wresting stable. It was booked as a rival organization. That's why it never make sense when people complain about having cats like Scott Norton and Vincent as members.....I liked the fact they had foot soldiers in their crew to back up the like's of Hogan and The Outsiders.

but they weren't a rival organization. they were a standard wrestling stable.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Uncharted territory, breh. nWo at its peak was a hotter brand than WCW, so why not? They legit tried making it a brand of its own (the first Souled Out and nWo Nitro).

Can't remember if there was a kayfabe reason for it or not. I guess because of Bischoff being WCW president.

hogan's brand was bigger than the wwf.

austin's brand was bigger than the wwf.

rock's brand was bigger than the wwf.

they didn't get equal billing.

(unless you really do consider smackdown "the rock's show" lol)

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
but they weren't a rival organization. they were a standard wrestling stable.

No they weren't.

They were not booked in the same way the Horsemen or Hart Foundation were booked. They were booked as a threat to WCW. They were given their own PPV even, took over Nitro and WCW Saturday Night on several occasions and had a deep crew four times the size of any typical wrestling stable.