Water Crisis in Flint, Michigan: April 25, 2014 - TBD; 5 Michigan Health Officials Charged

ⒶⓁⒾⒶⓈ

Doctors without Labcoats
Daps
Reppin
Payments accepted Obamacare,paypal and livestock
You are one of the most comically disingenuous posters on this board. A true Republican through and through despite your claims otherwise...
:gucci: Says the guy who did nothing but drop a wild accusation with ZERO proof...in fact its not even relevant to the discussion so its also an ad hominem

When did you see this and why didnt you point it out

in fact do me a favor and post an example of this "disingenuous" comedy....ill wait

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
:gucci: Says the guy who did nothing but drop a wild accusation with ZERO proof...in fact its not even relevant to the discussion so its also an ad hominem

When did you see this and why didnt you point it out

in fact do me a favor and post an example of this "disingenuous" comedy....ill wait
Waste of time, you win, don't care

ⒶⓁⒾⒶⓈ

Doctors without Labcoats
Daps
Reppin
Payments accepted Obamacare,paypal and livestock
Waste of time, you win, don't care
thomas_sowell_thinking.jpg

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
I'm exhausted so no link but as of next month I believe Flint residents will have to pay for contaminated water again

Also, as much as I hate Snyder he proposed a plan to support police, better the education system, and help Flint. MI republicans are trying to shut it down because they want their income tax lowered.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
I'm exhausted so no link but as of next month I believe Flint residents will have to pay for contaminated water again

Also, as much as I hate Snyder he proposed a plan to support police, better the education system, and help Flint. MI republicans are trying to shut it down because they want their income tax lowered.
That's a low bar if you think proposing a plan that was doomed out the gate deserves recognition.

You fell for the illusion of conflict:
- Snyder pushes a bill whose failure he gets to blame on dems
- Republicans defeat a bill and ride the successful defeat to another election win.

The people are stupid.

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
That's a low bar if you think proposing a plan that was doomed out the gate deserves recognition.

You fell for the illusion of conflict:
- Snyder pushes a bill whose failure he gets to blame on dems
- Republicans defeat a bill and ride the successful defeat to another election win.

The people are stupid.
Nah, I peep Snyder is trying to save face. That's not the important part to me. We know local Republicans in office have their greed agenda. But these were republican voting civilians saying this. It's really showing me how this MAGA generation literally cares about no one but themselves. It's ME ME ME and F anyone else

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Not sure if its been posted already. But Flint just reoresents thousands of municipalities with tje same or higher levels of pollution in potable water

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/03/11/nearly-2000-water-systems-fail-lead-tests/81220466/

This is what frightens me anout Trump's rush to undo regulations........unrestricted capitalism and business development has one aim which is to make money. Regulations in theory provide balance, so operations and processes protect the environment from unrestrained and one dimensionsl business owners and shareholders. Granted even with regulations, many are not enforced...:francis:

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
This shyt is crazy. Americans drinking tainted water.. for years. But our government gives billions to other countries for bullshyt. :stopitslime:

Just goes to show you off they really feel about black Americans. If this shyt happened in Beverly Hills or Connecticut you can guaran-damn-tee that no expense would have been spared and heads would have rolled.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not sure if its been posted already. But Flint just reoresents thousands of municipalities with tje same or higher levels of pollution in potable water

Beyond Flint: Excessive lead levels found in almost 2,000 water systems across all 50 states

This is what frightens me anout Trump's rush to undo regulations........unrestricted capitalism and business development has one aim which is to make money. Regulations in theory provide balance, so operations and processes protect the environment from unrestrained and one dimensionsl business owners and shareholders. Granted even with regulations, many are not enforced...:francis:
Yeah we've been talking about it since the Flint story broke. Ta-Coates also dropped an article connecting the lead poison issue in Bmore with the murder rates.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nah, I peep Snyder is trying to save face. That's not the important part to me. We know local Republicans in office have their greed agenda. But these were republican voting civilians saying this. It's really showing me how this MAGA generation literally cares about no one but themselves. It's ME ME ME and F anyone else

What?

Since when have republican voting sentiments and Republican congressional greed not been in alignment? Who votes for corrupt government officials? Who votes for the people that have been gutting state and federal regulations since Nixon? Who voted for "law and order"? Who voted for trickle down economics? What are you talking about? Why are you surprised that the republican electorate rather cut taxes than invest in public infrastructure? Do you guys think republican citizens vote for republicans to strengthen government - only to be lied to once the republican enters office? Every dikk move a republican does in office is done with the full support of the republican electorate. Like what?

What do you mean MAGA generation? What is so different between the average republican voter in 2016 vs 2000 vs 1992 vs 1980 vs 1968? The MAGA generation as you call it is just typical white shyt.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Civil rights panel: Flint water crisis linked to 'systemic racism'

LANSING — The Flint drinking water crisis has its root causes in historical and systemic racism, the Michigan Civil Rights Commission said Friday in a hard-hitting report that calls the public health catastrophe " a complete failure of government" and recommends a rewrite of the state's emergency manager law and bias training for state officials.

The report, unanimously adopted at a meeting of the commission at the Northbank Center in downtown Flint, also calls for the creation of a "Truth and Reconciliation Commission" — a model that was used in South Africa after apartheid — as a way of rebuilding government trust and credibility by listening to and addressing specific concerns raised by Flint residents.

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/mdcr/MDCR_Flint_Water_Crisis_Report_552190_7.pdf

I think this was pretty blatantly obvious. The lateness in acknowledging the problem as well as Lansing not wanting to use some of its surplus to help fix this should be a giveaway.

Ian Ahbaa f/ Area51

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
²15

Ive been reading a lot about the entire ordeal lately as well as skimming through the thread.
Truly fukked up situation for those residents and everyone else living in these conditions.

Thanks for the update I probably wouldn't have seen it if it wasn't here.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

LANSING — The Flint drinking water crisis has its root causes in historical and systemic racism, the Michigan Civil Rights Commission said Friday in a hard-hitting report that calls the public health catastrophe " a complete failure of government" and recommends a rewrite of the state's emergency manager law and bias training for state officials.

The report, unanimously adopted at a meeting of the commission at the Northbank Center in downtown Flint, also calls for the creation of a "Truth and Reconciliation Commission" — a model that was used in South Africa after apartheid — as a way of rebuilding government trust and credibility by listening to and addressing specific concerns raised by Flint residents.

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/mdcr/MDCR_Flint_Water_Crisis_Report_552190_7.pdf

I think this was pretty blatantly obvious. The lateness in acknowledging the problem as well as Lansing not wanting to use some of its surplus to help fix this should be a giveaway.
But will anybody be held accountable?