Wave of Korean Trap

Divinergy

Anatomy will be the death of me...
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Alright, so I don't know how many of you guys feel about it, but I'm kinda hooked on this incoming Korean trap thing that's going on. I don't know how many of you know about the It G Ma - Keith Ape song (and it's remixed version, featuring the likes of Waka Flaka, A$AP Ferg and others) or Dr.Pepper, the Diplo produced song featuring OG Maco, Riff Raff and former head of Korean girl group 2NE1, CL, but they were just the beginning of what I hope is a wave.

I literally have no idea what's going on but it sounds so :blessed:. Moreover, it's so fascinating dudes from another side of the world putting their twist on what seems to be trap music, drug related or not.

Today, a Scion related Youtube channel (for some reason) presented this song by Keith Ape, and it's got me feeling some type of way again. I need a mixtape, with some Korean dudes on their and some trap dudes from over here. I really do.

I friend of mine pointed out a Complex interview of Keith Ape and I'll pull out some key things from there

"Bored by school, Keith, like so many suburban kids, found an outlet in hip-hop.After listening to mostly pop music as a kid, Keith says his ear turned at age 14, when he heard Nas and AZ trade bars on “Life’s a bytch” (the 10th-anniversary remix, as it turns out). From then on, Keith began working on his craft, mostly by himself, writing rhymes and experimenting with production."

His next big project is an upcoming EP fully produced by Southside (the 808 Mafia member behind your recent favorite Future songs), who met Keith through Waka at the video shoot. More U.S. collabos for Keith, secret for now, are on the way.
What do y'all think?