WB/DC's cancelled Aquaman spinoff "The Trench" was going to be a secret Black Manta film.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Its weird how Yahya was absolutely horrible in Aquaman but great in everything else I've seen. Hoping Wan directs him better in the sequel.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
That's not true at all... Aquaman was very successful and the sequel was green lit instantly. The cartoon is for kids. There's several factors why movies aren't green lit and they've all been mentioned here.. you are just mad that it's not happening but maybe one day it will.

The Pennyworth show was started when Gotham and all the other shows were hit after hit... they was riding the CW wave

I never said it wasn’t successful. I said they didn’t believe in it. Meaning once could be fluke. Batman makes money continuously.

Batfleck sucked but people are excited for Pattinson. How many people are excited for Wonder Woman 3 after 1984?

I’m not a Aquaman or Black Manta Stan. I just want good comic adaptations.

WarnerMedia has been through several heads and direction for the past decade but there is a pattern.

Batman has been popular for 70 years.

The reason there’s a BTAS, Batman Adventures, Beware the Batman, Brave and Bold, The Batman, and now a Caped Crusader is they will keep Batman going even when it fails.

Gotham had nothing to do with the CW. They wouldn’t even left Batman appear on the network.

They find ways to keep Batman in the public cause they know he will bring in an audience.

The reason there are larger gaps in adapting Green Lantern or Superman when they fail is exactly what I said.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I was going in the opposite direction.

Some LexCorp vessel gets trapped in the Trench. LexCorp hires Manta to retrieve the cargo and crew(less important). They tell him it’s Kryptonite (so no Superman) but he finds out it’s something much more dangerous.

So you have fights inside and outside with creatures trying to break in.LexCorp crew gets murdered violently.
That is a cool idea too.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
You are giving the WB way too much credit.They made a tv show about Batman’s butler as a spy that zero people asked for or wanted.

Black Manta doesn’t have a huge audience. WB green lights based on how it expands their core property.

So Wonder Woman 2 bombs despite WW doing well. They cancel Wonder girl tv show.

Batman makes money. So we get an Alfred Penny Worth show, Batwoman, Harley Quinn, Suicide Squad anchored with Batman villains.

They didn’t jump on the Trench cause they still don’t believe in Aquaman. There’s a Aquaman cartoon that no one is talking about.
That Wonder Girl show got the boot once CW decided to do the Naomi show with Ava Duvernay show instead.