We got London on da track: The 2022 Atlanta Falcons OFFICIAL Season thread

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We're saying the same thing: let the young buls work, see what we got, and continue to build. Difference is, I think that if we do that then it will directly translate into victories if the kids we got are worth shyt. Ain't no way that

-we get the Twin Towers the ball
-AJ shows out as a top 5-7 CB
-our young pass rushers get home
-Allgeier runs solid
-OL continues to work as a unit
-our safety duo holds down the back end
-Jake and Grady stay probowl-ish level and don't fall off a cliff
-etc, etc, etc....

and we finish 3-14.

It doesn't work like that. If we've started this rebuild on the right foot, made good picks the past 2 years, and implemented potentially winning schemes, then that means we WONT be picking top 3. If we are, then you minus whale have the pitchforks out for Smith and Fontenot because that means they're not the guys for the job. I just looked over the last 10 drafts and not once was a QB drafted in the top 5 by a coach that wasn't going into his 1st or 2nd year, with very few teams keeping their 3rd+ year coach with a bottom 5 record at all. It just doesn't work like that. We need to see progress, however incremental, starting now.
This is what I’ve been saying to damn near anybody who’d listen all summer. Smith needs to be on the hot seat if we end up like 2-15

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
This is what I’ve been saying to damn near anybody who’d listen all summer. Smith needs to be on the hot seat if we end up like 2-15
AB ain’t firing anyone in year two.

Unserious comment

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
AB ain’t firing anyone in year two.

Unserious comment
Didn’t say he’d get fired, but there’d be a lot more pressure going into next year. These guys have already had 2 off seasons to acquire talent although I do understand the cap constraints.

By year 3 you should be fighting for a playoff spot, and it’d be a lot easier to sell them getting to that point if it’s from 6-7 wins or so rather than 2-4