We should be getting after BLM more

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
Historic, once in two generations level of support for black people and their causes. Across the nation, across the world.

fukk all achieved. A few years later and we're experiencing the pendulum swinging. Anti-CRT and Anti-DEI and Anti-affirmative action backlash against a pro-black movement when we didn't even get the positives of the movement.

The federal filings from 2020 to 2022 show just a third -- $30 million of the $90 million -- went to other charitable organizations, with $22 million going to expenses. This includes $1.6 million that went to the father of BLM co-founder Patrisse Cullors for security services. Another $2.1 million went to BLM board member Shalomyah Bowers for consulting.

In 2021, Tamir Rice’s mother told the New York Post, “they are benefiting off the blood of our loved ones, and they won’t even talk to us.”

This organization has been capitalizing off of unfortunate deaths and tragedies and guilt-tripping people into sending them lots of money and donations, which I believe most people think is going to go to a good cause and instead they are paying themselves six and seven figure salaries," said Zuby.

And more. I tried to look up another egregious example I read about a while ago, where some dude in Cali was trying to hold a protest and was getting white supremacist counter-protests so he reached out to BLM for funds/protection and got nothing for whatever reason.

So what are they doing? What did we achieve? Are they pushing legislation? Helping enfranchise voters? Hell, are they lobbying or bribing politicians like these right wing think tanks are? Where are the millions going?

Apparently a whopping one million went to lobbying a few years ago.... how about the rest?

I can not even put into words how much I hate the BLM leadership for what they did, or rather what they didnt

ThrobbingHood

Take from the b*tch, give to the whores.
Daps

I called it back in mid 2020 and my thread was mysteriously bushed. :jbhmm:

I’ve been sitting back for the most part, watching these “protests” all across the world. There are those of you who think the George Floyd murder will be a pivotal moment in race relations.

Let’s be honest.... once the protests die down, nothing is going to change. You can quote me 5, 10, 20 years from now and this post will still ring true.

Why?

What’s the end goal? I see “Black Lives Matter”, but have you truly researched the founders and leaders of it, and what their goals are? Are they truly for the advancement of Black people? Is there a concrete manifiesto in place after the protests finish?

KingZaire_

Superstar
Daps
This is what happens when you let matriarchy and intersectionality dykes run your community this is what we get for being weak it’s unfortunate but nikkas are still acting weak so it won’t change.

Until Black Men decide to Man up and stop following behind Woman we will never progress again.