We waited 5 years for that... #underwhelmed - Tyson

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I was at the mirage at their event center. Place holds about 3000 peeps the whole crowd was basically pro manny till after the 4th round things got real quiet and you can hear my voice with a few mayweather fans voices bouncing off the walls.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
fight was great, don't know how anybody can see it wasn't entertaining, crowd was on the edge of it's seat the entire time, no booing
and they paid insane prices

boxing is about the confrontation, the event, fight wasn't boring, santa cruz fight was boring because it seemed like it would never end, these rounds went by so quick I wish they were 15

Manny impressed with his boxing skill, I thought he would get knocked out, but he can box when he wants too, made floyd miss often with shots that would have hurt him bad if landed clean

Floyd looks old as fukk, its time for him to retire, but he still dominated, pac only won 2 rounds

The key to this fight was Floyd's ability to keep his lead foot on the inside of pacquiao's, which would also keep a manny on an angle where he would be out of position and not able to aim at floyd's center line

the fact manny never tried to his lead feet inside of floyd's is a mystery to me

They both hurt each other a few times, both fought smart, people are complaining because manny couldn't do any of the things they imagined, but that's with any opponent who fights mayweather, he controls distance and range, manny wasn't scared to throw, he couldn't, floyd control the angle with his lead foot, pacquiao couldn't get pass that first line of defense the whole night, and floyd controlled distance wit his jab

it was often manny was in position to throw, had he do one so he would be caught out of position and hurt really bad, so he did the only thing he could do, and waited for spots where he could throw

Floyd even explained how he would do this on his special where he's hitting the heavy bag

good fight, great showcase of boxing IQ and skills

This why Paulie should've been on the broadcast team instead of Lampley who doesn't know anything about boxing and can never explain what is happening in the ring

The commentary made it seem like the fight was boring because people couldn't understand what was happening because the two moved so fast, trying to figure each other out

if an expert was commentating he could highlight all the things I mentioned and people can start to understand the sport

When you have people who have no clue about what it takes to win a boxing match commentating on it like espn do, it's a bad for the sport, because the general public can't learn about the tactics of the sport

people saying he fight is a disappointment, I just don't understand, why watch boxing at all, at any given time manny couldn't hurt floyd or vice versa, and finished the fight, that type of tension is enough to get your eyes clued on the screen, just because it didn't happen doesn't mean the threat wasn't there

If this fight happened 5 years early, pacquiao would've got blown out the water, Floyd's reflexes are nowhere near when he fought marquez, yet the same strategy could still be implied

also the straight right to the body, to substitute for the jab to the body, was masterful on floyd's point on how he delivered those shots

Couldn't have said it any better myself

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1259be3.gif

101700b.gif

2922556.gif

Hilarious.gif

:what: Did Floyd land ANY of them punches clean?