Web Development - Good place to start with Cloud?

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris
Afternoon, brehs

Just stopping in to ask the sperts about something I've been thinking over & doing some half-assed youtube research about. I'm in the middle of school-limbo where I'm awaiting to transfer to a 4yr university to finish a bachelors in Info Systems. I've recently invested full-time in to gearing myself in to Microsoft web developer skills and I wanna know how to gear my learning to this while also learning as much as I can about cloud technology.

There's a web development course on edX I'm going to start soon that's python and dev-ops oriented learning with an emphasis on Microsoft technology - mostly cause the internship I'm aiming for is under a guy who taught me that specializes in MS apps like azure and visual studio.

My overall background is pretty light, I have about a year (two community college semesters' courses) in Java programming experience and otherwise just dabbles of learning here and there on codecademy.

Basically, Should I learn more fundamentals in languages like java, python (a big emphasis in this online course is python from what it looks like) and web development languages like js and the js offshoots before learning anything about cloud services? Or, Should I learn cloud technologies like Azure or AWS alongside these languages or perhaps would that be better as like a second dive in?

Takerstani

Extraterrestrial
Supporter
Daps
A couple of the intermediate courses I'm taking have sections on cloud services.